IntelliCenter 1.064 Firmware and New Mobile App IntelliCenter2

It is working just fine as far as I have checked it out. I haven't done everything in it but the few actions I've done worked no issues.

--Jeff

I kind of posted similarly above. I did get it to work by going back in the watch and pressing the connect button.

Thanks for the update!
I can’t get my Apple Watch to work. I logged in on the iPhone app (remote), the screen on my watch that says connect only displays for a 1/2 second, then says please login to IntelliCenter phone app, which I am.

Rebooted my phone and watch, still no luck. Frustrating.

I can’t get my Apple Watch to work. I logged in on the iPhone app (remote), the screen on my watch that says connect only displays for a 1/2 second, then says please login to IntelliCenter phone app, which I am.

Rebooted my phone and watch, still no luck. Frustrating.
Scratch that. 15th time it worked.

Reactions: pskkd930
You guys trying to get your watch to work should tell each other…

• What version AppleWatch
  • Watch OS version
  • IOS version
There may be a pattern to what works and doesn’t.

Reactions: jimbethesda

• Watch OS version
  • IOS version
Good point, although I think the issue is Pentair is a pool equipment company, not a tech company! I got mine to work after the 1,000th time (ok, maybe it was only 15).

Reactions: MyAZPool
Looking forward to upgrading but will only be at my beach house in a couple of weeks’ time… Really Hope integration with Control4 continues to work well following the changes as that has become rock solid over the last 6 months…

@DB-Cooper
Thanks for the update.
I tried using the "Over-the-Air" (OTA) update method and it did work.
Looking through the Release Notes, it appears that they were testing that capability that was supposed to work 3 years ago. Maybe they got that feature together now.
Switched over to intellicenter2.com with no problems.

Again, looking through the release notes, it appears that the hosting has now migrated to AWS which as you mention "should" be more solid. 🤞
Below are the release notes for what its worth.

Release Notes
version 1.064
- Send WriteParamList with _5451,MODULE and Panel objects to AWS Backend upon successful LOGIN.
- Fix to not to send response for NOTIFYLIST_404 in icweb.

version 1.063
- Handle NotifyList 404 in icweb to clear Notifications.
- Handle Empty Message from AWS Backend.
- Removal of sending WriteParamList after LOGIN in to AWS.
- Fixed Super Chlorination Timer (Jira #IAM-438 and #438).
- Fixed Service Timeout Mode Timer (Jira #IAM-437).
- Fixed Logging Timer.
- Fix for More reliable Login to AWS Backend(#435).

version 1.062
- Replaced TEXT PING/PONG with RFC PING/PING in icweb for AWS Backend.

version 1.061
- Fixed GetRegisteredProperties AUTH Failure issue in icweb (Jira #IAM-406).
- Fix for email account persistence in web login screen after reboot.
- Fix to remove the firmware package when the user selects NO in the New Firmware Available Screen after AUTO download.

version 1.060
- Changed OTA LOWNLOAD Server for AWS PROD And BETA [UAT] users in ic.
- Fix for Incorrect ACT when the Schedule Turns ON/OFF for WebClients in icweb.
- Fix for temperature Sensors PROBE and SOURCE related to calibration in icweb.
- Added Waits for base64 encoding and openssl password encryption process for more reliable encryption in icweb.

version 1.058
- Fix to not to Reboot OCP after User Login.
- Fix for temperature Sensors.
- Fix to send Authentication immediately as soon as the user tries to login.
- ICWEB logging can be exported to USB via Export Debug Data.

version 1.056
- AWS MIGRATION.
Made PROD and MAIN Environments same.

version 1.054
- AWS MIGRATION.
Updated URI’s for ALL Environments. These URL’s will remain unchanged henceforth.

version 1.049
- No Changes. OTA Testing version

version 1.048
- No Changes. OTA Testing version

Thanks again..
r.
I‘m disappointed that this release was only bug fixes/changes to support the move to AWS. I feel like there is a lot of opportunity to add/refine features. They are still on version 1!

You seem more plugged in to Pentair than most. Do you know if they are working on a more substantial release? And if so, when that might be released?

Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I‘m disappointed that this release was only bug fixes/changes to support the move to AWS. I feel like there is a lot of opportunity to add/refine features. They are still on version 1!

You seem more plugged in to Pentair than most. Do you know if they are working on a more substantial release? And if so, when that might be released?

Thanks.
Jim
I'll make an inquiry and see if they respond with something worthwhile.
But if you're expecting significant fixes/improvements, I think I should refer you to @Jimrahbe 's post above. :p
IntelliCenter 1.064 Firmware and New Mobile App IntelliCenter2
I think when it comes to Pentair IT improvements, expect nothing and be grateful for little lol...
r.

Last edited:

• Watch OS version
  • IOS version
Couldn't get the new app to download until I upgraded to latest iOS version (15.1).
Then it worked.

Still unable to sync Apple watch however on latest watchOS (8.4.1).
I'll still keep trying per @jimbethesda
r.

clicked the update firmware button (my intellicenter is hardwired via Cat-6 to my router) rather than USB - it took several hours to download the update (must be a 4k server connection) - eventually asked if I wanted to upgrade - it rebooted and loaded new SW just fine - switched over to IC2 iphone app with no issues - don't see any functional changes/improvements

clicked the update firmware button (my intellicenter is hardwired via Cat-6 to my router) rather than USB - it took several hours to download the update (must be a 4k server connection) - eventually asked if I wanted to upgrade - it rebooted and loaded new SW just fine - switched over to IC2 iphone app with no issues - don't see any functional changes/improvements
I've mentioned some of these, but there are some thoughtful improvements:

- Temperature calibration now shows true read-out. I use this a lot as I don't want freeze protection turning on at 36F, we frequently have overnight lows of 34-36 and rarely go to freezing, so I tend to boost my offset by a couple degrees, so I find this really helpful. Also, it used to be when you adjusted the temperature offset, it wasn't accurate, like 1 degree up/down moved the needle two degrees. I can say this whole feature now works!

- I used to have a nightmare scheduling things. I could never just select the times I want for a schedule (it'd always crash the app), I had to use + and - minute by minute. It would be pain staking to adjust a schedule. Now, I can just select the start/stop time and the app takes it!

- Presumably the move to AWS will provide the reliability and scale that was in dire need. Routinely I couldn't login during Summer months (when probably more load is on servers). The watch would work half the time, etc.

So my biggest three issues seem to have been addressed. I do wish the UI was better, and I'd love a better iOS widget with actionable features on it (one click for Lights/Fountains). I am hopeful that now they've got this huge move done, resources will go into additional features and refinement, but given nothing meaningful for 2+ years, I heed the advice above, "Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised when you get something".

I was able to update to 1.064 without even using the IntelliCenter outdoor panel. Instead, I updated entirely via my IntelliCenter app on my iPhone. More specifically, I simply opened the IntelliCenter app on my iPhone this morning. A message then automatically popped up on my phone asking if I would like to update the software. I clicked "yes," and the app said something to the effect of "the app will log off of IntelliCenter and the software will be updated." After that, I went out to the IntelliCenter outdoor panel and confirmed that it had in fact updated to 1.064. After that I did have to go to the App Store and download the new IntelliCenter2 app, but after that I was able to log in to my updated system just fine with the IntelliCenter2 app. In short, I was able to update to 1.064 simply by opening the IntelliCenter app (the original version) on my phone and then clicking "yes."

Reactions: an1vrsy
I was impressed as when I went in to the App remotely a few hours ago, I was asked if I wanted to update. I took the chance (risky I guess as I am 600km away from my beach house at present) and said “yes”. Everything seems to have updated well to the new app.

However, I am underwhelmed as there are no real improvements and of the 6 bugs that I was aware of, only 2 have been fixed (Arguably the most annoying 2). I expected more 18 months after the last release and especially when this is a brand new app. I really hope that there is a massive stability / uptime improvement to make this worthwhile…

I also haven’t been able to get a proper remote login working but only a ”local” login over a VPN. I am not quite sure what my challenge is here!

Last edited:
It looks like Intellichlor integration is now included! I'm not sure if this came in an earlier update and I missed it, but I went into the control panel under Chemistry and was able to add my Intellichlor SWG. Now I can monitor and control the salt generation from my phone/laptop.

Intellichlor.jpg

Intellichlor integration came with mine on day 1 (~ 3 years ago), so it definitely was not part of this update on my end. Glad you got it updated though as it makes it very easy to change the output, and much more precise than what you get on the unit itself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.