IntelliCenter 1.064 Firmware and New Mobile App IntelliCenter2

I’m using an iPhone so I think your right.
Interesting. Could be OS related app bug then. Mine is very intermittent if I use the remote connect method from the app and never works when connected locally (same wifi) without login unless I delete and re-add the IC40 from the app settings.
I am on Android 12 and I am pretty sure the developer didn't test that. Never had this issue with the previous app with the previous firmware.

Reactions: shifter
This is what I get after upgrading the firmware

IC: 1.064, ICWEB:2021-10-19 1.007​

and the new app ver 7.0:
View attachment 391354
The web page on intellicenter2.com shows the correct IC40 data.
Does it work fine on the app for anyone else with an Intellichlor SWG?
I've had this chemistry page issue since the new app/firmware. Works fine on web.

Also, the new app was blazing fast the first few days and has noticeably slowed down to the point of lagging more than the original! 5-10 seconds for local and 10-30 seconds for remote. This is on Cat6 direct to a gigabit switch on a quality router fed by a 500/500 fiber internet connection!

Last edited:
Reactions: shifter
Since upgrading, my issues are:
1. Unable to log in remotely (app or IntelliCenter2 web page. The latter connects for a few seconds and I can see my equipment and then it gives an “ we are unable to connect to your device, please try again“ error - very frustrating!

2. I use manual time (because there are no African time zone options… this lasts a few hours and then goes wonky. So I have move to using Eastern European time which is fine for me for half the year and out by an hour the other half of the year. I know this because it is the time zone that I used previously prior to discovering the manual time option a year or so back.

3. Of the 6 (arguably 7) bugs that impacted my system on the previous version of the software, 2 of them are fixed and the rest (annoyingly) remain.

Really hoping now that they have changed everything, updates (bug fixes) will come through faster!

I've had this chemistry page issue since the new app/firmware. Works fine on web.

Also, the new app was blazing fast the first few days and has noticeably slowed down to the point of lagging more than the original! 5-10 seconds for local and 10-30 seconds for remote. This is on Cat6 direct to a gigabit switch on a quality router fed by a 500/500 fiber internet connection!
The Pentair reps seem to suggest they've added this to their queue and to wait for the next app version 7.1 or 7.2 but not sure they've reproed it:

On my list to do once I got back to Florida. Got back, went to the panel and firmware was already updated. Not sure if weekly pool guy did it or not 🧐. Updated app on iPhone (15.2.1), no issues so far. We are wireless, seems to find the local pool (local ip address) quicker. In the past Local Systems would not come up sometimes. Had to close app and re-launch.

@shifter or anyone figure out how to get the Salt Level to show up consistently? The only way I can see the salt level is if I turn "Super Chlorinate" on but the next time I log into the app, the salt level is gone again. I didn't have this problem in the old app. Note: I am only using the salt level on the app so I know when the salt cell thinks salt is low and turns off. Before adding salt I would test the water myself. Is there another way (other than looking at the salt cell itself) to see if salt is low or get a notification? I am using an Android phone if that matters.
Pentair app Chemistry.png

Nope, still waiting for a fix from the app developer.

Only way to get the salt level consistently is through a web browser on IntelliCenter

On the app, I can get it by logging in and out anywhere from 3-10 times and using the remote connect. Local connect it never works, unless you go to settings, remove, and readd the chlorinator.

A new version of the app came out yesterday. Sorted my biggest issue (inability to log in remotely - apparently this impacted all large installations). Keen to know what other bugs were fixed if anyone knows.

A new version of the app came out yesterday. Sorted my biggest issue (inability to log in remotely - apparently this impacted all large installations). Keen to know what other bugs were fixed if anyone knows.
I have now used the latest version of the app a couple of times remotely and a couple of points to note:

1. Wow it is quick. I have a really large system and remote access on the old app was really slow and remote access on the new app was not possible until this update. For instance (old app) it used to take some time (felt like minutes but was probably 20 or 30 seconds) to load my 30 or 40 schedules when switching to the schedule page. This is now instant.

2. The fix for large systems works on the app but not on the IntelliCenter2 website where I still get kicked out after 30 seconds.

3. Unfortunately, they seem to have introduced some new bugs (e.g. I can no longer edit the buttons on a remote via the app - locally or remotely).

Reactions: JaredF
I upgraded mine usb but I am just digging into the settings as my pool is almost complete. We still have a month before pool weather so I have not really had time to play with the heater or intellchor integrations. Waiting on concrete to be sealed (fingers crossed tomorrow) but will be looking for advice with schedules and settings for pump speed and heater.

Reactions: SA Pentair User

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My app on Android upgraded last night to 7.5.
Seems to have resolved the chemistry page issue as it now shows the salt level and outputs every time at least when logged in remotely.

Reactions: maggiesfan
Note, for people updating to firmware 1.064, you must be on 1.047 to do so. My unit was on 1.040 and had to update firmware on the outside unit and my remote controller to 1.047 first and then to 1.064. Did all with USB

"You cannot update your system to firmware 1.064 unless your current version is 1.047"

I have now used the latest version of the app a couple of times remotely and a couple of points to note:

1. Wow it is quick. I have a really large system and remote access on the old app was really slow and remote access on the new app was not possible until this update. For instance (old app) it used to take some time (felt like minutes but was probably 20 or 30 seconds) to load my 30 or 40 schedules when switching to the schedule page. This is now instant.

2. The fix for large systems works on the app but not on the IntelliCenter2 website where I still get kicked out after 30 seconds.

3. Unfortunately, they seem to have introduced some new bugs (e.g. I can no longer edit the buttons on a remote via the app - locally or remotely).
@SA Pentair User
Can you please explain in further detail what #3 means exactly or is this still even an issue? Any chance you have a trouble ticket # on it?
I sent it in and one of the PM's has a question about it.
Thanks much!
r,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.