Installing solar thermal panels in AGP

Supra_pool

May 19, 2021
Byers, CO
Hello All,
I'm preparing to install a group of five full size thermal solar panels to heat my 16x32 pool. My question is - I'd like to use the pump and plumbing that I read installed instead of setting up a separate circuit for the solar heater. I already replaced the plumbing from the sand filter to a resistance heater and then back into the pool with 2 inch pic. Can I just use one of the two skimmer lines to tap into the existing plumbing to run through the solar panels to get extra heat? I know this will cause heated water to run into the sand filter - but this will be easiest for the setup and location of the panels. Bad idea?

Standard practice is to have a valve after your filter pressure side that will redirect the water up to your panels, then coming from the panels it would flow back into that same line, check valves get installed to prevent back flow. Then it flows into an existing heater, then into chlorinator or SWG, then into your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.