In SLAM process

About the cloudiness—something I would try is turning off the pump. Maybe the debris will settle on the bottom and then you can vacuum to waste. This worked for me when I had problems my first year of struggling with my pool. My sand filter just wasn’t doing a good job. It kept letting particles though and back out into the pool.

About the cloudiness—something I would try is turning off the pump. Maybe the debris will settle on the bottom and then you can vacuum to waste. This worked for me when I had problems my first year of struggling with my pool. My sand filter just wasn’t doing a good job. It kept letting particles though and back out into the pool.
Is there something like floc we at TFP use? With this SLAM process taking so long and being SOOOO involved for me, I'd hate to turn off the pool and get issues kicked up again.

If I were doing it, I’d do it on a day when I could add in the morning and check the pump hourly or so in the event pressure rises more than 25% after adding the DE. Maybe someone who has done this will chime in or you could start a new thread to attract the attention of an expert.

Reactions: Tracey R
If I were doing it, I’d do it on a day when I could add in the morning and check the pump hourly or so in the event pressure rises more than 25% after adding the DE. Maybe someone who has done this will chime in or you could start a new thread to attract the attention of an expert.
Thank you!! I will start a new thread and see what a monster this would be before starting it. I appreciate the advice

Folks need to see your "whole story" when offering advice. If you start new thread(s), folks will seldom take the time to search back and try to find out what you are talking about........they will simply skip over your new thread and go to someone else's that is easier to follow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I back washed it this morning. First time since switching out the sand on Sunday. The pressure gauge didn’t tell me I needed to but from the return and circulation in the pool, I need it to do it. Anyhow, the backwash spit out some sand (I assume) although I really couldn’t see it. The water was tan/sandy colored then turned to clear after a bit. Rinsed afterwards until the water turned clear.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Tracey, I noticed your logs are posting with time +5 hours into the future. Looks like you have wrong time set on whatever device you use for PoolMath app. You might want to fix that as it might be very misleading for someone trying to analyze your logs.

Tracey, I noticed your logs are posting with time +5 hours into the future. Looks like you have wrong time set on whatever device you use for PoolMath app. You might want to fix that as it might be very misleading for someone trying to analyze your logs.
IDK how that could be. I use my phone.
I noticed that recently also but have no idea how to fix it. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure how app could do it by default but when you about to add log, in a top portion of that window there is date and time you can adjust.
It gets auto populated for me correctly, and I can adjusted manually but have no idea why it would do that for you automatically.
As a workaround, you can always go back to the log that was added and adjust time manually.

Eventually there will be a fix. It could mess up other things for you to do this. Every log is this way, except for the lucky few in the UK when not on daylight savings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.