How to Remove Pool Frog from System

randomrawdawgs

Aug 13, 2023
Northwest Ohio
I just bought a home that has a Pool Frog System and the o-ring on the blue control dial has completely deteriorated and the blue control dial snapped as I tried to pull it out to inspect it. Now I have water that floods out every time I turn on the system to filter.

Please see the pictures and let me know if I can cut it out and run a straight pipe in its place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can not filter the water until this os fixed or sealed.

Attachments

• IMG_3481.jpeg
    IMG_3481.jpeg
    783.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3479.jpeg
    IMG_3479.jpeg
    785.7 KB · Views: 17
I just bought a home that has a Pool Frog System and the o-ring on the blue control dial has completely deteriorated and the blue control dial snapped as I tried to pull it out to inspect it. Now I have water that floods out every time I turn on the system to filter.

Please see the pictures and let me know if I can cut it out and run a straight pipe in its place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can not filter the water until this os fixed or sealed.
Yes, just cut it out and replace with a piece of pipe. Two 1.5" couplers, short piece of pipe, and some PVC glue. Having that union after the Frog will be a big help.

Thank you for that information, I will cut the pipe as close to the adapter as possible. On the back side do I need to keep the piece between the 90 and the frog?
Don't need it, no. Would likely need to extend the pipe ahead of it after the 90. This piece fits inside the cut pipe to extend it. The little restriction it causes won't affect anything.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.