How Clear is TFP Clear? Let's See (Pics Only Please).

@BadDogPSD -- love the dolphins! And sleeting???

@JodieM -- you're definitely getting there!
Thanks! Yes, we got some sleet, snow and hail yesterday. Somewhat unusual for this time of year but not unheard of.
In the mid 90's last week, cold storm over the weekend (of course), back to the upper 80's this week. Keeps things interesting I guess!

Scorpion, yikes!
Yeah but not a big one. Had three of them in the pool that day. Spread some Triazicide around the yard/perimeter of pool and haven't seen any, scorpions or crawly bugs, since. Frogs on the other hand, my wife's nemesis, seem to like the pool (bastages). She's afraid of frogs and the dreaded turtle (go figure, like you can't out run either).

Can't get the same beautiful shots as most of you all but here is mine. I inherited the creases in the liner when I bought the house, now that the water is so clear they are driving me crazy!

0611201150a.jpg

This is my main drain cover, pretty easy to make out the philips head screws 9' down :)

0611201153.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks after stumbling upon this site while trying to understand the breakpoint chlorination section in my Taylor test kit manual.

I have since adopted the TFP way, completing my first SLAM about 10 days ago and finally solving the mystery of why my filter kept plugging up all last season, despite clear(ish) water. Spoiler alert: it was algae.

Anyway, the pool is sparkling now and (to head off the question) I'm using up the last of my trichlor since CYA is a bit on the low side.

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_120159_resize_64.jpg
    IMG_20200603_120159_resize_64.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20200603_120152_resize_27.jpg
    IMG_20200603_120152_resize_27.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 127
  • MVIMG_20200601_162514_resize_98.jpg
    MVIMG_20200601_162514_resize_98.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 124
Mine is so clear I can see the dirt on the bottom, so no picture, cause you all would rass me for still manually cleaning, and only tasking once a week. Still swim though. You all keep up the great work, just goes to show that you can own a pool, with less maintenance and money than folks think you do. Our oasis!

Mine is so clear I can see the dirt on the bottom, so no picture, cause you all would rass me for still manually cleaning, and only tasking once a week. Still swim though. You all keep up the great work, just goes to show that you can own a pool, with less maintenance and money than folks think you do. Our oasis!
I just waited until my weekly vacuuming to take my photos >.>

I just waited until my weekly vacuuming to take my photos >.>
I bushed around 1 of my drains and zoomed in. The rest of the pool may or may not have been clean, but whether it was or wasn’t, you could see every mm of bottom. Sand and all....... um. I mean sand or no sand and all.

@monoptn that is a terrific example of pool moods. For both being blue, you have 2 completely different pools there. Each neat in their own way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support