How Clear is TFP Clear? Let's See (Pics Only Please).

I haven’t posted here since I got my above ground going at my old house a few years ago. It was kept flawlessly clean for 3 years on the BBB method for $10 a week.
We moved into our new house last Wednesday with this pool. The seller said it was a salt water pool. I assumed we could swim a few days before doing any maintenance. After the second day it was a bit cloudy. I tested it and found zero fc and <200ppm of salt. Inspection of the “salt” system turned up that it was the family leisure perma salt system. I read about it here and it was gone the next day. I went to Krogers and bought $40 in bleach, borax and baking soda. 3 days later I have this.

656D61A8-51F0-4AAF-BE62-9A75DADD781E.jpeg

Clear water, it's both a blessing and a curse :)
I'll vote this one up. When I get to the level of TFP Nirvana clarity I hate it... The deep end becomes a gigantic magnifying glass and I can see every blem and scratch in the plaster, every particle the pool sweep didn't get, and every pool toy widget the kids left on the bottom is that much clearer. Sometimes Nirvana will bring out the curmudgeon in me. 🧐

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support