Homemade deck box

Will it stay that color or gray over time? Its so pretty now, good job! :goodjob:

Maddie :flower:

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. It probably depends on how much sealant I put on top. But thank you. I don't make a lot of large projects like this, so I'm slightly proud of how well it turned out (so far).

What have you done?? That looks awesome! Will you be sealing it? Is there a drain hole for the water the cleaner brings in?

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. It turned out really pretty on the outer shell, didn't it? And yes, sealing it is a must. But I think I've settled on using some Thompson's WaterSeal on it before I put it out on the deck. And yes, I intentionally left the bottom with two large gaps on either side for water to drain out (you can see part of the concrete driveway just to the left of the GREEN TEXT on picture #2). But I will coat the floor with Thompson's also. I read somewhere that robots are not supposed to be stored directly on their wheels. Do you know if that is true for the Rover Jr as well??

Last edited:
I wonder if they mean on the sides of the wheels instead on sitting on all 4 wheels? I would not sit it on the top as I worry about the cord over time doing that. On the sides would put some pressure on the wheels due to the pick up handles so think on all four wheels would be the best for our robots!

kim:kim:

Reactions: MrBfromNC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.