251Mako

Jan 29, 2022
Orlando, FL
Hopefully someone here can give me some direction on which way to go.
I have a the following:
Aqualink RS4 (Best I can tell Rev L), Single button Panel
Pentair Intelliflo VSF pump (For Pool, Cleaner and Spa)
Standard Single speed pump (Fountian)
Sta-Rite Gas heater
Single color Pool Light
Landscaping Lights
Salt Water Generator

The issue is controlling the Intelliflo VSF pump.
When my old single speed pool pump went bad I was talked into get the VSF but it is not not being controlled by the Aqualink system.
Question is, what is the best way to get the aqualink to run the VSF pump at one speed for pool circulation, Another for the cleaner and another for the Spa?
I have read post on using the i aqualink for this but not sure if my current board is compatable or do I need to upgrade?

Thank you for any help.

Welcome to TFP.

You need the Zodiac iAquaLink 3.0 iQ30-RS Web Connection Upgrade Kit. That gives you a new board and the iAqualink control system to control your VS pump. Your single button control panel cannot be used to program the new board features. You will use the iAqualink app.

A less expensive, though not cheap, way is to install an IntelliComm2 interface kit that will allow the Jandy to control up to 4 speeds. It will take relay inputs and valve-actuator inputs and convert them to the speeds you want.

Hopefully someone here can give me some direction on which way to go.
I have a the following:
Aqualink RS4 (Best I can tell Rev L), Single button Panel
Pentair Intelliflo VSF pump (For Pool, Cleaner and Spa)
Standard Single speed pump (Fountian)
Sta-Rite Gas heater
Single color Pool Light
Landscaping Lights
Salt Water Generator

The issue is controlling the Intelliflo VSF pump.
When my old single speed pool pump went bad I was talked into get the VSF but it is not not being controlled by the Aqualink system.
Question is, what is the best way to get the aqualink to run the VSF pump at one speed for pool circulation, Another for the cleaner and another for the Spa?
I have read post on using the i aqualink for this but not sure if my current board is compatable or do I need to upgrade?

Thank you for any help.
I agree with @ajw22
I did the conversion to the iQ30-RS about a year ago. It was about $1500 for the total kit. I had to purchase from Jandy distributor as they had to install to obtain the Jandy warranty. It is simply a board replacement and an antenna. The iQ30 is the newer antenna vs. the iQ20. The newer antenna works with mesh wifi systems. Also, ensure you get the complete board and antenna system which is the -RS. If it states iQ30-ANT then that is just the antenna and not the board. This is cheaper so do not want you to be misled. You need the full -RS kit. The IntelliFlo VSP pump (which is what I have as well) will connect to the board using the communication cable that came with the pump.

The new board and antenna allows you to use a PC to access iAqualink or also to download the iAqualink app to your phone.
It is very much worthwhile the $$ to obtain better scheduling and control from either PC or phone.

The new board will also control your water feature pump and your lights. You do not state what SWCG you use. If it is Jandy that can interface as well to the new board.
Good Luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.