Help users find Liquid Chlorine

Lowe's San Jose, CA 95131 >100 boxes KEMTEK 10% Chlorinating Liquid Date Code: 20014 (2020 Jan 14) 77 days old $6.86 for box of 2 ($3.46/gal) stored outdoors but bottom shelf and skylight roof no direct sun plus in cardboard boxes. Website shows which stores have stock but date code is not shown.

Reactions: Leebo
We’ve been doing a bit of work on this feature and have made some small improvements. We hope to make more advancements in the future but for now some of the issues all surround the virus. It’s simply keeping some of the individuals who often help TFP with technical issues focusing on vital work only. Once things returns to normal o do fully intend to fix the responsive issue plus do a few more things, but for now we’re moving forward. I’d like to take a second to address a few comments/criticisms/concerns that have been posted.

This seems like a great idea, but I think it will be important to include the date the bleach was spotted and maybe even make the entries expire after a few days or a week or so.

For example, if I’m looking for bleach in mid May then I’m not going to care about who had stock at the end of march. I want to know who has stock at the time I’m looking.

If there’s no automatic expiration, or at the very least no date included with the submissions then 5 weeks from now it’s just going to be a list of places that had bleach at some point over the past 5 weeks and may or may not currently have it, and that’s going to be little better than just looking in the phone book.
I totally agree, and do plan on looking into this in the future. It’s pointless to have data showing from six months ago. I do plan on maybe manually deleting markers every so often to help keep the map updated, but that’s a call down the road as to when that will occur. If you’ve noticed on the items I’ve manually entered I have attempted to add todays date in all the markers and I encourage users to do the same in the future as you now have the analogy to submit them.

I am sorry but this thread is about as useful as posting where can I find milk, eggs and toilet paper. OBE.
I thank you for your feedback and do hope to improve upon this in the future. Our goal at TFP overall is to help our users, and we hope in some small way this feature does just that. I fully will acknowledge its very rough around the edges right now but we do plan on putting some work into it in the future. Currently the time/funds invested in this have been minimal so if it fails, we’re out almost nothing. I do hope however a few users can find a small amount of value from this and look forward into improving this in the future to help make it even more useful.

Thank you all again for submitting your entries. Keep them coming!
Lee

Just added this:
Enfield CT
Austin Pooltech Shock 12.5 % $2.99 / gallon Date code is 20075 (March 15, 2020) Same price as last year, stock seems to be at the normal level for this time of the year around here.

However the map marker is nowhere near Enfield CT.

Just added this:
Enfield CT
Austin Pooltech Shock 12.5 % $2.99 / gallon Date code is 20075 (March 15, 2020) Same price as last year, stock seems to be at the normal level for this time of the year around here.

I’ll look into this shortly. ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just added this:
Enfield CT

Hopefully I've been able to get that updated. (y)

Lee,

My favorite place for liquid chlorine around here has been Leslie's in bulk containers. I don't use much now with swg but recently got some for a local doctor to make up disinfectant solution. Here's the address:

2843 sw cafe ct
palm city, FL 34990-8235 ph 772.287.9262

I'm not a big pool store fan but these folks are usually very helpful and friendly to TFP'ers. They also are not price gouging. Price I paid was even lower than typical sales price at $2.50 for 2 1/2 gal. Super nice to see a store doing this when they could easily jack up the price. I hope they make it through the crisis - they certainly deserve to!

Chris

PS you do need bulk containers to get this. They also sell them or you can bring your own.

Rome, GA
Both Walmart stores have gallon pool essentials LC 10% for $3.64
(FYI- 1/2 gal Walmart 6% cleaning bleach was $1.98. Prior to virus a gallon was $1.77)
Home Depot has 3 gallon pack of 10% for about $10. Check dates or if your like me it’s good to find some even if it’s weakened.
Ollie’s has 1 gallon 10% for $3.??
Rare to find even quarts of bleach in stores.
Thankfully the stores have liquid “shock” as they call it, in stock for pools right now.
I haven’t checked with pool stores.
Hoping this is all over soon and everyone finds enough bleach.

Joan

Reactions: Tracey R
Home Depot on W. Parker in Plano. Ordered 4 boxes (each with 3-gallon bottles) online for $38.88
including tax. Order 4 boxes or more and you get an additional $1 discount per box. With tax, title
and license, price comes to $3.24/gal. It is their HDX 10%. They texted when it was ready for pickup.

Bonus is that HD is also doing curbside pickup. It was fast and easy.

Hi not sure if anyone is having trouble locating or getting any chlorine. I have found out that my local place I get 12.5% just got a delivery today. I just bought 4 to hold me for a bit. If anyone is in need and is from central Jersey area check out County Line Hardware in Jackson. Looks like they have a smaller than usual pallet. Not sure if they are getting more. Hope someone in need could take advantage of it. Bought 4 for about $70 so around 18 each 5 gallons. Looks like I’m getting the itch to go SWG. Another post about my options soon.

I just went to Walmart and they are all out of liquid chlorine and bleach. Home depot had about ~20 2 packs of the 1gal 10% stuff, I guess I'll head back there to get that. SWCG is looking pretty good right about now.

Just a general note - someone might have already mentioned this. No bleach at all in local grocery and wholesale clubs in more than a month around here (Columbia, SC), but I did find it in one place - Home Depot.

And it wasn't labeled as typical bleach (Germicidal Bleach), nor was it a brand name like "Clorox". But there were dozens of these bottles in my local HD on an endcap. I guess people thought "germicidal" meant something they weren't needing or looking for (I verified the contents, and was shocked to see it was just plain ol' sodium hypochlorite. Can't remember if it was 6 or 7% though.) Bought only two assuming they were limiting, but when I checked out, did not appear to be at all!

FWIW I am in local grocery stores (all of them) and wholesale clubs several times a day - I have noticed the past couple days the supply chain is catching up to the demand a bit FINALLY (not sure if that is true hyper locally, regionally, or broader...I suspect regionally though, given how product is sourced). For the first time in weeks, I have seen disinfectant wipes on shelves. Sam's is starting to have toilet paper (if only for several hours before selling out). Dollar General is another source of TP.

I hit the trifecta at Wal-mart last night. Found pool salt (NO one else has this for some weird reason), liquid bleach (in pool section) AND disinfectant hand wipes! I felt like I won the lottery! :D

I wouldn't be shocked if places like ACE hardware also have bleach. At least here, your chances of finding it in your typical places (Sam's, Target, Publix, Kroger, etc) are very very slim to none. But think outside the box a little and you might find some hidden treasure.

Finally, not to poopoo on the concept of this thread, but just based on my experience, by the time someone comes back here to post that they found bleach in a certain store in a certain place, they will likely already be wiped out. Even if someone posted a find while they were in the store, the likelihood of someone else in that same city reading that at that time, and being able to go to the store immediately before the stock gets wiped...very slim I bet. :p and :(

It looks like most Ocean State Job Lots already have their 12.5% Liquid Pool Shock in stores around my area - Rochester, MA 02770. Just bought 8 gallons with a born on date of 20 055 to get us through the start of the season. Still the same great price of $2.99/ gallon. They have updated their website and you can now search for their products online and see what stores have it in stock. So far it has seemed accurate, but you can always call ahead and check. Also of note, they are adding a 2% "charge" to your total bill right now at checkout and all of the money is going to their employees wages as well as they have bumped their hourly employee wages $2 / hour due to the pandemic. You can opt out of the 2% "charge" at checkout, but I thought it was admirable that they are trying to help in these crazy times.

Reactions: Tracey R and Leebo
If you live around Harris or Montgomery Counties/Houston/Spring Tx, Napco is the way to go. It's $1.88/gal at 12.5% concentration, so that's 96 cents at 6.25% vs $2.88 for a gal at 6.25%.. Minimal purchase is 5 gal...you can bring your own container, but it has to have a 2" hole or > for dispensing bleach. you will have to buy a hazardous sticker too...here the MSDS w address on first page...good luck, tstex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.