Help to QUICKLY Kill Algae

jobondur

Dec 13, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
Hey everybody. I went out and checked my pool for the first time in a couple days and I've got an algae bloom going on in several areas. I want to completely get rid of it but also want to use the pool this weekend and need the Cl levels to be swimmable for us and the kids by tomorrow. I'm off today so I can work on it as needed. If I SLAM it, the levels will likely be too high to swim tomorrow. What would you recommend doing?

FC - 6.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 70
CH - 80
CYA - 60
Salt - 3140

As you can see, my FC levels are reasonably high. That's because I noticed they were low about 3 days ago and cranked the SWG up to 100%. Looking back, I'm guessing I already had an established algae bloom at that point and all I did was slow it down.

Algea will die at its own pace. Pool is safe to swim in up to SLAM FC levels. Raise the FC with bleach and let the kids swim. It is as safe as any pond or public pool.

Or wait and let kids swim and raise FC to SLAM after the weekend. Some algea in the pool does not make it unsafe to swim.

Mixed responses on that. Some won't use a robot during SLAM. I would not suggest leaving them in the pool except for their cleaning cycle. Then clean the filters and spray it down with fresh water.

If SLAM level FC does not bother my skin, I do not see how it will bother hard plastic -----

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.