Help! cloudy pool

To save your data you must subscribe to the app. Then you can share your data here on the forum. Click on my username. You can see my Poolmath logs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your CH should rise, though it may not be measurable.

You can use Effects of Adding Chemicals to see how many pounds of calcium carbonate needs to get into your water to raise your CH by 25 ppm.

Reactions: TammyGriffin
Ok this is an update on my cloudy pool. Been slamming for 14 days and pool still wont clear up. I've been maintaining fc level of slam. It's been very little progress. I can only see 2nd step in pool. Should it still be taking this long? I'm trying to be patient but I've never seen it take this long to clear.

It should not take this long. What do you know about the filter? Has that been discussed? How long since the last deep clean? Are you using DE to catch the fines?

Something with the filter is not correct. But I am no expert in sand filters. And essentially they are pretty simple.

If the filter is absolutely correctly plumbed and put togehter, at this point we sometimes say try a clarifier. But get a good one. SeaKlear makes a good one. Not available at pool stores.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.