Help! C° to F°

Did the old owners say that everything was working?

Is the voltage the same now as it was for the old owners?

I don't know the correct wiring for this model so I can't confirm that it is correct.

Are you sure that all of the wiring is correct?

How did you know what the wiring should be?
The old owners said everything was working. Same voltage. No we are not sure that the wiring is correct. We just looked at the diagram on the back of the control panel. But the smaller circuit board looks different.

The water isn't warming up. The circ pump is making noise so I assume that it is on.
The board indicates a call for heat, so it is trying to heat.

Either the heater element is bad or the voltage is not getting to the element, which could be due to a bad relay or maybe a wiring issue.

Check the voltage going to the heater if you feel comfortable doing that.

Check the amperage with a clamp ammeter.

Check the resistance (Ohms) of the element to see what that shows (all power off and wires off of the element).

Note: Do not do anything that you are not 100% sure that you know how to do safely.

Call a qualified service technician for anything where you are not 100% sure that you can do it safely.

Is the power being supplied by a GFCI protected circuit breaker?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The board indicates a call for heat, so it is trying to heat.

Either the heater element is bad or the voltage is not getting to the element, which could be due to a bad relay or maybe a wiring issue.

Check the voltage going to the heater if you feel comfortable doing that.

Check the amperage with a clamp ammeter.

Check the resistance (Ohms) of the element to see what that shows (all power off and wires off of the element).

Note: Do not do anything that you are not 100% sure that you know how to do safely.

Call a qualified service technician for anything where you are not 100% sure that you can do it safely.

Is the power being supplied by a GFCI protected circuit breaker?
What is the Amp supposed to read? My husband said it was reading 37 bolts. We called a tech just waiting to hear back from him. We had a tech out. The smaller board wasn't working. All fixed now!

Reactions: JamesW
The amperage depends on if the heater element is receiving 120 volts or 240 volts and what the rated wattage of the heater is.

You divide the wattage by the voltage to get the expected amperage.

For example, if the wattage is 1,500 watts and the voltage is 120 volts, then the amperage should be 12.5 amps.

At 240 volts, the amperage would be 1,500 watts/ 240 volts = 6.25 amps.

Reactions: A.O.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.