Alabama
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
We just ordered an Aurora 30'x54" resin wall pool from the pool factory. I upgraded to a 25 Mil liner and got the pool cove for the corners (found out afterwards this can be purchased cheaper elsewhere). I wanted to order my own pump, filter, and salt water chlorine generator.
For the filter I ordered the Hayward Xstream 150 sq. ft filter (I'm a little concerned this may not be large enough but would love input). The pool is around 21-22k gallons I believe.

The pump- ordered from the Salt Pool Store and it is a Circupool 1.5 hp variable speed, (little hesitant buying an off brand but gave it a shot, was $729.

Ordered the salt chlorine generator from them as well, the Circupool Universal 40k one ($799). I've read many good things about them.

I previously built a gunnite 16x30 pool in Florida in 2015 with an aquarite chlorine generator, Hayward variable speed pump, and a Hayward star cartridge filter.

My previous set up was effortless to maintain so I'm hoping I can mimic that with my new pool in North Alabama as our swim season will be shorter I couldn't justify the cost of another gunnite.

Would love any tips on assembly and or the equipment I've purchased. I'll be burying the pool 27" and will have 5 yards of sand delivered once that is all leveled.

Thank you very much for any help!

Reactions: thefloatqueen
It all looks like it’s going to be a great pool setup 👍🏻
another member here just installed that pool yesterday here’s the thread w/ pics

From what I understand the filter u chose should be sufficient since u have an above ground pool. That said, it’s always recommended to get the largest filter u can fit in your space & afford. For Less frequent cleaning.
Here’s the tfp article about equipment
Here’s another little guide about above ground pool filters
Maybe some cartridge filter folks will chime in w/ more knowledge on the subject.
I don’t know much about circupool pumps reputation but variable speed is a definite plus & many folks here are happy w/ their circupool swg’s as well as the customer service.
Don’t forget to order a good test kit as it’s your most important piece of pool equipment!
The tf-100 is a great value & always ships fast w/ fresh Taylor regeants.
Test Kits Compared

Also you can go ahead & fill out your signature so next time u have any ?’s it will already be done

The SWCG needs to have a means to remove power to it when your pool is not running. Does the Circupool pump you bought have the relay in it to control the SWCG? If not, your SWCG will need a timer or other device.
Do not rely on the flow switch in the SWCG. That is the secondary safety device.

Reactions: Mdragger88
The SWCG needs to have a means to remove power to it when your pool is not running. Does the Circupool pump you bought have the relay in it to control the SWCG? If not, your SWCG will need a timer or other device.
Do not rely on the flow switch in the SWCG. That is the secondary safety device.
Thank you I did not realize that. I don't believe my previous Hayward set up had a timer but sounds like an easy safety backup.

Hello! I’m so excited for you! I just had a smaller Aurora installed yesterday, and it is such a nice looking pool! I’ve got water almost up to the skimmer now and halted my fill so I can get my plumbing done this weekend. I’m using my old pump/filter set up until I can decide what I want.

Can‘t wait to see yours up and running!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hello! I’m so excited for you! I just had a smaller Aurora installed yesterday, and it is such a nice looking pool! I’ve got water almost up to the skimmer now and halted my fill so I can get my plumbing done this weekend. I’m using my old pump/filter set up until I can decide what I want.

Can‘t wait to see yours up and running!
Thank you! I just saw your thread, looks great. It was pricey but hopefully it holds up for years.

• Love
Reactions: kellyfair
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.