Heater recommendations for Western NY

bobspryn

Aug 19, 2022
Rochester, NY
👋🏼

We are in the process of having a fiberglass pool installed in Western NY (Rochester area). I was very interested in a heat pump for efficiency, and for environmental friendliness. My dealer does heat pumps but says a gas pump extends the season 5 or 6 weeks, which is a good chunk of time for our short season. He mentioned I could check out the UltraTemp ETi Hybrid Heater, but I've seen some folks knocking it in these forums.

I had been looking at a Hawyard HP21254T or maybe even the 140 BTU version. If I use a cover out here, do I really need the gas heater as well to extend the season?

Open to specific equipment suggestions!

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

There is no substitute for BTUs. A 400K NG heater will heat your pool at times when your HP cannot.

You need to decide what your priorities are between using your pool and being environmentally friendly.

Also not that a gas heater will be less expensive than a HP which will pay for your gas usage for a while.

Make sure you can get 50-60 amps to your equipment pad for a HP or your gas meter can handle 400 CFM or more of gas service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.