Hayward system - No Flow

jaben

May 17, 2022
Kapaa, HI
Hey everyone, I am new to TFP. I have a salt water 18000-gallon pool with Hayward pool equipment. The pool has just been turned over to me and I have a few issues. 1. Has anyone had issues with a no-flow warning when running your pump on low? All my equipment is Hayward. Is it too much to think that a multispeed pump should be able to be running on the lowest level without the warnings?
2. The last few days my heater has only worked about half as fast as a week ago. There was a BO code, but googling that gets varying info.

Any help would be amazing.

Jaben

Has anyone had issues with a no-flow warning when running your pump on low? All my equipment is Hayward. Is it too much to think that a multispeed pump should be able to be running on the lowest level without the warnings?
2. The last few days my heater has only worked about half as fast as a week ago. There was a BO code, but googling that gets varying info.
JABEN!!!!! Welcome to TFP!!! :swim:

It will REALLY, REALLY, REALLY help us if you fill out your signature. We have LOTS of experts to help, but it is not clear what pump, filter, heater, and automation you have...knowing that will help us understand where the no-flow warning is coming from...and to troubleshoot. Please include model #s. It will REALLY help us, too, if you can post a picture(s) of your equipment.

In general, a BO is a bypass operation code. We can help you work through this when we have the heater model.

What speed is your pump set for? I assume it's not 600 RPM. When was the last time you cleaned your filter?

The BO code on your heater indicates bypass operation, do you have it connected to an automation system?

Is it too much to think that a multispeed pump should be able to be running on the lowest level without the warnings?
J,

Well, yes it is. :poke:

The pump is made to be used in many different types of pools, and depending on the plumbing, you will have to run the pump faster to make it do what you want.

The more things between the pump and the pool the faster it will need to run. Pools with heaters have to run faster than pools without heaters, pools with dirty filters will have to run faster than pools with clean filters, etc.

In general, running less than a 1,000 RPM does not work well, nor save you any money.

Thanks,

Jim R.

J,

Well, yes it is. :poke:

The pump is made to be used in many different types of pools, and depending on the plumbing, you will have to run the pump faster to make it do what you want.

The more things between the pump and the pool the faster it will need to run. Pools with heaters have to run faster than pools without heaters, pools with dirty filters will have to run faster than pools with clean filters, etc.

In general, running less than a 1,000 RPM does not work well, nor save you any money.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you! I'm all good as long as that is the way it is designed.