Hayward Aquarite Pro T-Cell15 Reading Low Salt

I went through place of purchase for new cell, but it was sent directly from Hayward's warehouse. As stated in my earlier threads, place of purchase tells me their Hayward rep said to go through Hayward for any warranty issues and they will need to send out an authorized service center. My issue with that, as stated previously, is that center is an HVAC/Electric shop and the owner (who does the Hayward stuff) is not a pool guy and has to call Hayward and they tell him what to do. Last year they had him test with their digital salt meter and said if that digital salt meter does not read in spec, then the system needs more salt. Even if all my other test methods say salt is at or above recommended levels. At which point I said ok and have not contacted since because I don't want to waste his time.

Following. These Hayward systems tend to continuously show low salt readings. Sorry for all the trouble, but really interested in your root cause, once found. My Hayward system continually says 2700-2800 when at 3200-3000 PPM, but it is an older cell.

Have you tried taking the cells to a pool store so they put on their cell tester? This way you can rule out the cells if they PASS. I also assume you have gone thru the resetting of the average salt on your AquaRite Pro system.

~27.2v
~5.87a
77degrees (heater says 81)
2300ppm
ORP 605mv
I have collected dozens of readings from my SWG over the years (AquaLogic with a T-15) and have fit the measurements to an analytical expression related to the conductivity of a water/salt solution:

Salt PPM = Amps/Volts * (25888 - 163.43 * Tf)

I have had three cells over the years and they all produce salt level readings that fit this expression to within the accuracy of the readout display (<100 ppm) so fairly accurate. Also, all T-15 cells should follow this same equation regardless of the controller used since the applied target voltage is the same. However, for your readings, this expression produces a value of 2871 ppm which is 500 ppm over the display reading. Something is very odd with your system especially since you have replaced both the cell and the board. It is almost as if this line of the SWG controller has a different calibration point than mine but it really shouldn't.

Can you disable sense and dispense?

Last edited:
Reactions: mguzzy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Following this thread with interest! So far I have not found anyone who is able to breakdown the Aquarite software. I have copies of revision 1.55, 1.59 and Aquatrol-RJ 1.47 sw to share if interested. However, I am not able to extract the Firmware or stored data (AL, Flow control, and whatnot) from the Serial EEPROM (93C46B).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.