The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We have a delay while awaiting gunite. The PB had the pool flashed with gunite or concrete. Anything I should know? Will this affect the quality of the gunite when it's eventually poured?

I think the flashing is done just to maintain the integrity of the underlying dirt so you dont have issues of cave in or rebar moving. I have seen it done on some builds with no issue. I will let the construction guys comment as I am certainly not an expert on the matter but just giving my 2c

Reactions: Emyers74
We had this done (the gunite company actually did it without us even asking) on our pool when a hurricane was approaching. They put a very light skim coat on the dirt to lock it into place and prevent cavein's or collapses.

Thanks for the responses. I'm assuming they just pour the gunite over the flashing and there's no problems with adhesion or overall quality of the shell.

Reactions: Emyers74
Shouldn't be any problem and it will help with the storms coming. How long was your gunite delay and when are you expecting it now? We had a 2 week delay. Huge relief today

It'll be about a two week gap between steel and gunite (which should be coming this Wednesday).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.