Grounding rod question

I may be wrong, but the difference is that in the US the bonding loop isn't required to be tied to the grounding system (but it's not prohibited), but in Canada, it is required to be tied to it. So no separate ground rod is required as long as it's tied back to the house ground rod.

How do you tie it back to house grounding rod?
It actually happens pretty often due to a piece of equipment having the frame ground and the bonding lug tied to the same piece of metal.

Basically anywhere the ground and bond loop tie together connects the bond loop back to the house ground rod, as the ground system should be continuous throughout the system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you want to connect the bonding grid to ground then connect it to the house ground.

Do not put in a ground rod just for the pool bonding grid.

I would not. Bonding the pool and grounding the house serve different purposes. As a house ages the house ground system can get compromised. I would not want the connection to the pool bonding grid be used by the house as its ground path if the house ground is compromised. Electricity finds the path of least resistance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.