GPM keeps dropping on IntelliflowXF VSF Pump

imranmoin

Apr 27, 2021
San Jose / California
I recently installed a brand new IntelliflowXF VSF Pump. However, my GPM (Gallons per minute) keeps dropping for a given RPM (Speed). Eg. I set this pump at 2500 RPM and had over 40 GPM yesterday, Today, it has dropped below 10 GPM. Is this normal? Note that I have a relatively clean filter (Hayward DE4820). Any points on how I can maintain my GPM would be appreciated.

Is the RPM the same at 2500? If so the GPM could be going down because the filter is working.. DE will clean the most out of water and slow the water flow (GPM) down..

If you change the pump over to GPM instead of RPM it will try to keep the GPM.. I am afraid the RPM will max out and not be able to keep the GPM...

A rise in filter pressure indicates you have an issue with your water chemistry. Can you post a full set of test results?

you should clean your filter at 25% pressure rise.. If your filter was at 10 PSI your should be backwashing about 12 to 15 PSI... Sounds like you have something growing.. what are your test results :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.