GPM keeps dropping on IntelliflowXF VSF Pump

imranmoin

Apr 27, 2021
San Jose / California
I recently installed a brand new IntelliflowXF VSF Pump. However, my GPM (Gallons per minute) keeps dropping for a given RPM (Speed). Eg. I set this pump at 2500 RPM and had over 40 GPM yesterday, Today, it has dropped below 10 GPM. Is this normal? Note that I have a relatively clean filter (Hayward DE4820). Any points on how I can maintain my GPM would be appreciated.

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Is the RPM the same at 2500? If so the GPM could be going down because the filter is working.. DE will clean the most out of water and slow the water flow (GPM) down..

If you change the pump over to GPM instead of RPM it will try to keep the GPM.. I am afraid the RPM will max out and not be able to keep the GPM...

imranmoin

Apr 27, 2021
San Jose / California
Hi @cowboycasey, thanks for your feedback. I did not realize that GPM going down because of clean water is expected. I thought that the pump and/or filter is not working properly. Another thing to note here is that PSI pressure went up to 25. It was around 10 yesterday. Is this expected as well?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
A rise in filter pressure indicates you have an issue with your water chemistry. Can you post a full set of test results?

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
you should clean your filter at 25% pressure rise.. If your filter was at 10 PSI your should be backwashing about 12 to 15 PSI... Sounds like you have something growing.. what are your test results :)

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread