GOT MY KIT... Tested my water... HELP!!

Personally, I'd wait until you could see what you were vacuuming, especially since the pool is so small. For now, if you suspect there is debris in there (leaves, dead animals, etc), use your leaf rake (the net) to scoop as much out as you can.

Alright, caught up here, so your volume may be turning out less than you thought, but no biggie. Just means less Bleach will be needed, and that's never a bad thing. Are you working regular 12s throughout this process? If so, try to spend as much time on it yours days off as possible, or have someone check it while youre at work if you can, and it will go faster. Repeating here, but we cannot over stress that anything at all you can net off the bottom will help a lot.

Okay... The pool is now a milky whitish green... I woke up and lost 1/2 of the FC from 20 to 10... added what pool math said to add and will recheck in a few hours. I will scoop what I can off the bottom and see where that goes. I am working nights so I can address the pool all day other than the 4 or 5 hrs I am asleep.

The milky-whitishness you're seeing right now is mostly dead algae.

The first step as you're SLAMming is that you'll see the pool go from green, to a milky green, then to a milky bluish. From there, the pool should start to clear up as the filter begins to remove all of the dead algae floating around in there. You're on track, just have to keep chlorine levels up. :)

Thank you for the reply ... Yesterday during the day in between checking I was only losing 2 to 3 ppm .. overnight I lost 10. How soon should I start seeing it clear up

I can't remember, did you remove the filters to just recirc like Blizzle suggested? If so then.... install them when you can be around to clean them when the pressure gets high so you can start filtering stuff out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.