Glow-in-the-dark aggregates

Get whoever is trying to sell you that stuff to get you in to a yard that has that material installed, at night. And see for yourself. Same advice for all types of pool finish considerations: how they feel, how they look, color choice, etc. Nothing wrong with gathering opinions, here or elsewhere, but unless you actually feel and see it in person, whatever you're trying to decide on, you could be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I didn't want anything sparkly in my pool finish. Opted for plain-jane. That's just me. I like neutral everything. Fashion-like treatments are just that, fashion, which comes and goes. I didn't want anything that dates or cheapens the aesthetics, now or in the future. Add splash (fashion) with things that can be easily and economically swapped out: furniture, decorations, paint, landscaping, etc. Not with stuff that is, literally, in stone. But again, that's just me and I wouldn't feel right about charging you even 2 cents for that...

Reactions: gonfishin
I know some folks in the past used some glow-in-the-dark tiles....they looked amazing! But obviously so much larger than little gems in the plaster.
Keep us updated if you get some- Pics if possible?

Maddie :flower:

Confirm that whatever you are getting is inorganic colors, not organic. Organic colors will be faded and bleached by chlorine over time.

MoonGems are aggregates that glow-in-the-dark and are charged by the sun and/or UV lights.
• In optimum lighting conditions, glow can last for up to 15 hours.
• Best performance with UV pool lights.
• Effortlessly added to any pool finish, mosaic mold or decorative structures like steps and tile borders.

Glow-in-the-Dark Aggregates.

Background light will affect luminosity of MoonGems and best results require a UV/black light installed in pool or spa.

The manufacturer says that the product needs UV "blacklights" to get the best effect.

I don't know what lights might be available for a pool.

Hopefully, the glow isn't caused by radium like they used to use on watch dials.

Last edited:
We added it to out tanning ledge, steps and swim outs (4# of Aqua from Element Glo). It blends into our plaster and you can hardly notice it during the day, but at night it pops. To fully activate the glowing, you do need the UV light, Amazon sells them (The Beast) for about $20. I was told that there was going to be a solar charged floating version available soon.

We added it to out tanning ledge, steps and swim outs (4# of Aqua from Element Glo). It blends into our plaster and you can hardly notice it during the day, but at night it pops. To fully activate the glowing, you do need the UV light, Amazon sells them (The Beast) for about $20. I was told that there was going to be a solar charged floating version available soon.
Pictures, please!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can buy black-light bulbs, which I suppose can be used in a regular pool light?

One benefit of having a UV light on at night is that it makes scorpions easier to see since they glow in UV light.

• Haha
Reactions: Pv2
Here is the light to charge the aggregates: The Beast. The colors we chose were a mix of WHITE DAYTIME / GLACIER BLUE NIGHTTIME & SKY BLUE DAYTIME / AQUA NIGHTTIME in small/fine size. I'll post some day/night pictures once it stops raining.

what I hate is when they get in your bed. they can run the length of your body stinging all the way then disappear before you can levitate out of there and get a dang light turned on. one day when my son was in kindergarten he came home after school and said "Mommy, my foot hurts" - kid had spent the whole day with a squashed scorpion in his shoe. I know from scorpions.

note the offspring on her back and one near the roller

:nopic:

(I've always wanted to use that! HAHA! But, should be this POST!)

Reactions: Gladius Nova

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.