Post Plastering Pickle

Citronaut

Apr 21, 2020
Orlando, FL
Hi y’all. I’m hoping to get some advice about a recent pool resurface.

So I got my pool resurfaced around 25 days ago and I’ve noticed there are some dark patches and white marks on the new surface. I can actually feel some of the white marks as indentations. When I brought this up to the person I’m working with for the project, he stated it would eventually resolve. It’s going on 28 days now and I feel like I might be noticing more of it, not less.

My question is - are these just normal, expected imperfections on the surface or is this something I should ask them to remediate? I do have a tendency to be a bit of a perfectionist so I just want to make sure I’m not being overly critical. I’m attaching some photos of what I’m referring to.

As a bonus, my light fixture is no longer working and the GFCI outlet on the light switch panel is blinking red. I haven’t used the light in a couple months but I did get a new fixture and electrical installed two years ago with no problems up until now. Is it possible something was damaged on the light fixture when it was removed for the resurfacing? I did see them dumping acid all over the place, including the electrical cables, but I’m honestly not sure if the acid would damage it.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpeg
    IMG_0094.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0091.jpeg
    IMG_0091.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 15
Welcome to TFP.

You need to reset the GFCI and clear the blinking red light. The light is not going to work with the GFCI problem.