Frustrating pump pressure

2ndwindKen

Jul 8, 2023
Ripon,California
Hello fellow pool owners! I have a 18000 gallon gunite/plaster pool with a Jandy cv460 pump. I’m a long time pool owner in prior homes but no expert. I cannot seem to get my pump pressure to stay lower than 25 psi. I have changed the filters, new breather tube, checked the diverter and the pool chemicals are good! I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas I could check. Thanks

and the pool chemicals are good!
Ken,

I doubt it... :mrgreen:

The number one reason that filter pressure quickly goes up is simply algae, even when you can't see it yet...

I assume that after you clean, or replace your cartridges, the filter pressure is back to your normal pressure. Then within a day or so, the pressure is much higher. Is that true???

I suspect that your CYA level is way too high, and your FC is way too low..

Please show us your chemical readings.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ken,

I doubt it... :mrgreen:

The number one reason that filter pressure quickly goes up is simply algae, even when you can't see it yet...

I assume that after you clean, or replace your cartridges, the filter pressure is back to your normal pressure. Then within a day or so, the pressure is much higher. Is that true???

I suspect that your CYA level is way too high, and your FC is way too low..

Please show us your chemical readings.

Thanks,

Jim R.
After cleaning the filters, the pressure is at about 10 and within minutes it goes up to 25 ish. Filters are only a month old.

Hello fellow pool owners! I have a 18000 gallon gunite/plaster pool with a Jandy cv460 pump. I’m a long time pool owner in prior homes but no expert. I cannot seem to get my pump pressure to stay lower than 25 psi. I have changed the filters, new breather tube, checked the diverter and the pool chemicals are good! I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas I could check. Thanks
Why is all the flow from the filter going into one 1.5" line, what does that control. Is it a Polaris 360?

Change the position of the valve after the filter to point the other way, toward the 2" line and see what happens.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why is all the flow from the filter going into one 1.5" line, what does that control. Is it a Polaris 360?

Change the position of the valve after the filter to point the other way, toward the 2" line and see what happens.
There is another pipe teed into that pipe so the flow is going to two separate pipes right now. I assume they’re both for the pool but I wonder what they are for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.