Frog in pool

Oh so normal... After a good rain, I'm typically chasing a frog with my leaf net. I got a frog log last year and that seems to have helped.

It is very common. I see them in my pool occasionally. About 1/2 of them die and 1/2 I can fish out before they die.

Hi PoolGate,

I used to have frogs die in my pool and skimmer regularly. all sizes, 2 or 3 per month. I bought a frog log, and it did help some.

Finally I bought a little kickboard off off ebay. I punched a hole in it with a small screw driver and pushed a string through. Then I tied the string to a brick, and set the kickboard in front of the skimmer. I did this 2 years ago. Since that time, no dead frogs. The string keeps the kickboard wedged in the entrance to the skimmer.

You know, right after I clicked "Post Reply" I remembered....there have been a few baby frogs. But not nearly as many, and not a single adult. For a long time I had four kickboards. One pointed into the skimmer, and one on each side. I see now I have one tied to the banister at the stairs. You can see it in the full length picture. I forgot to mention it in my earlier post. The ones on each side were tied to short stings which went through the kickboards and a brick on the string kept them in place, right against the side of the pool. But they used to get in the way when I was brushing or scooping, so I finally decided to test if they were needed. After I took the two side ones out, it was clear they weren't needed. This pool is less than half the size of yours, More than two kickboards will probably be needed for what you've got going on. I think frogs are cool and I'm very happy no longer seeing them dead in the pool.

IMG_20190923_215016119.jpg IMG_20190923_215043752.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.