Fleming Island Fl- New Free Form Pool Build

Re: Jacksonville Fl- New Free Form Pool Build

I'm happy that you resolved the tree issue!
They should be out this morning to break ground. We decided to go with the Tremron Stonehurst with the color being Sand Dune. We loved the Sierra color but with my patio having full sun all day long we where worried about how hot it was going to be. We visited the Tremron design center and hour a chance to walk a round the pavers barefoot to make sure the stone pattern on the pavers would be comfortable. The woman in the design center assured us that the pink coloring problem they have had in the past with that color had been solved. She was also surprised that we are going to use their stonegate wall cap as our coping. Me and my wife just didn't like the look of the bullnose coping.

We are leaning towards Tropical Isle for the finish, but the builder is going to line up a few pools for us to look at. I want a dark blue water color but once again the full sun will be a factor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Today went great. I am really happy with the onsite supervisor. He informed me that he will be onsite everyday while work is being performed. He was happy to work with me to make small changes to the layout of the steps and benches to make the lines flow with the overall shape of the pool.
Pics from Day1

IT begins:
cAJtFTG.jpg

Staking outline:
sEomsgk.jpg

Completed outline:
5uRMRgG.jpg

Daughter not too sure about all the dirt:
Bb4OCtd.jpg

Let the MUD begin! LOL on the little not to sure about all of the dirt! You better get her some playclothes to mess up while playing in it once she gets used to it!

He will be there every day they are there??? WOW! We need to clone him!!! SWEET on him helping you make some tweaks! I am glad you were able to be there and do that.

Kim:kim:

If you don't mind which pool company are you using and how much was you pool? We are getting ready to get quotes now.

Today went great. I am really happy with the onsite supervisor. He informed me that he will be onsite everyday while work is being performed. He was happy to work with me to make small changes to the layout of the steps and benches to make the lines flow with the overall shape of the pool.
Pics from Day1

IT begins:
cAJtFTG.jpg

Staking outline:
sEomsgk.jpg

Completed outline:
5uRMRgG.jpg

Daughter not too sure about all the dirt:
Bb4OCtd.jpg

Yeah the tree issue was annoying. We were stressing over it a lot actually. I want to keep my trees but knew that there had to be a way to do the build and keep the tree. Its causing some changes to the engineering to the screen but at least we are moving forward.

Glad your site finally started! Hoping we continue with the dry weather (other than doozy that we had Sunday!) bc where we are in St Johns, it floods super easy and can make this a nightmare if it's very wet.

That's great your guy will be on site the entire time. Our guys are the same way as they own the company and said one of them will always be present whenever we have work being done. Good thoughts about straightening out the flow of the steps etc. I am def hands on so will be out there checking stuff out. My hubby and PB were laughing at me bc I was going over the tiling technique with the glass tile I want, mortar process, etc and my husband asked if the PB has ever had anyone esp a woman be so into the mechanics and all of the build. He said no lol but hey, I am informed and hands on and know I could get down there and tile once I was told what to do (or read instructions lol). I made crowns (dental) on 3d software and then did the hand glazing and staining of them so yes, very hands on. Glad to know things can be tweaked even at your current stage.

Day 2:

They have the forms up and they should start digging tomorrow. I was not home all day but I believe they will need to install well points. There is a new pump left onsite with some pipe. They dug a 3' deep hole in the middle and I can see water in the bottom.

CLxGhcz.jpg

B0xQ20j.jpg

NwksfpF.jpg

We have been lucky with how dry we have been. Last year while replacing a fence post, we had water 19" down. We were told that we would have to have water pumped out ad they dug. You probably will too. But its starting to take shape!

Our PB installed a sump pump in the bottom of the pool after the initial dig. It ran for a few days and then died but it was what they considered a throw away pump. It left yes with a hose that we can still use though to empty the pool if necessary.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Haha love your dog. That is what I am worried about as our dog already goes swimming in our pond...now add in piles of dirt??? Oy!

Exciting to finally have them digging! Water is def normal. Across the river where we are, we are 3 feet above sea level and the river is across the street and we are in a flood evacuation zone. Eek!

I bet y'all are excited!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.