Fleming Island Fl- New Free Form Pool Build

I would like to start by saying thank you to everyone that posts on this forum and for the valuable information on here.

I have signed my contract with my PB and the dig begins this Jan.

I am still trying to decide the depth of the tanning ledge. I know I want it to be deeper than 9". My current plan has it at 18" but I am not sure if this is water depth or depth to the top of pool. My plan for the ledge is to be submerged just below my chest when leaning on the walls and to be sitting in water with Adirondack chairs. Can anyone provide pics of sitting in deeper tanning ledges for reference?

Specs:
Swimming Pool
18’6” x 41’9” ~635 SQFT, ~109 LF, 3’6” to 6'6” Depth

1. Structure
6” Shotcrete (5500 psi) with #3 rebar 10” on center
10” Bond Beam with 7 irons for added support
1 ea set of entry/exit steps in shallow end of pool per specifications
1 ea Tanning Shelf as per specifications
Deep end swim out or bench per specifications

2. Plumbing
6 ea pool wall returns for maximum flow
4 ea Floor returns
2 ea CMP Galaxy 3” VGB compliant Main Drains
1 ea Vacuum port for Pentair Legend II Cleaner
All plumbing to be SCH 2” PVC or larger

3. Tile
6” x 6” waterline tile to run perimeter of pool

4. Interior Finnish
Pebble Finnish (Upgrade Finnish) Probably going with Tropical Isle

5. Equipment
1- Sta-rite Intellipro Variable Speed Pump
1- PLM 300 Cartridge Filter
5- 250w 12v Pentair Glo-Brite Color LED Pool Lights
1- Pentair Easytouch 8 Wireless Automation
1- Pentair Legend II Cleaner
1- Pentair IC 40 Salt

Pool Deck- Tremron Stonehurst pavers with Tremron Stonegate cap as coping
855 SQFT - Pool Deck
660 SQFT - Existing Patio

5AZILHz.jpg

qAfxv8W.jpg

qAfxv8W.jpg

Pavers:
P5y0AzF.jpg

Pepple Color:
7SIm3Rm.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Jacksonville Fl- New Free Form Pool Build

hrb,

Just wanted to welcome you to TFP.. A Great pool resource.. :lovetfp:

Your pool looks pretty good to me..

My personal preference would be to ditch the suction pool cleaner and use a robot instead. See this thread...

I would also ask your PB to install ScreenLogic2 along with your EasyTouch. This will allow you to control your pool, pool lights, pad light, etc, all from the comfort of your PC, Tablet, or Phone. Although it could be a DIY project, it would be easier to have it all done upfront.

Thanks for posting a great looking pool,

Jim R.

Love it! That will be a fun pool to have around!

Please take and share a picture of where the pool will be going. We LOVE pictures LOL

shelf-VERY important to know the depth from shelf to WATER line. The water line will be halfway up the skimmer face. There will be a few inches above that.

I would sit in a chair like you are thinking of using and have someone measure it for you. BUT if you are going to use plastic chairs or anything kind of light in water that high just know they might float off if you are not sitting in them LOL.

Kim:kim:

Do you know the size of the pool in gallons? Your salt water chlorine generator (SWG) should be sized at least 2x the size of the pool, and maybe more depending upon how much direct sunlight you will have, and if the pool is heavily used. The IC40 is rated for 40,000 gallons, so if your pool is 20,000 that should be fine, but if pool is 30,000 and if my pool, I would bump up to IC60. If undersized, it will need to run for very long times to meet the chlorine needs and possibly not meet them at all. My original SWG was undersized and even running 24/7 was not keeping up - I had full sun most of the day - and I needed to add chlorine as well. I replaced with a unit rated to 52,000 gallons for my 19,000 gallon pool and am very happy now.

Would consider adding umbrella mounts in area where you want shade. I have a built in table with mount by two built-in loungers. The large umbrella (11') is great and I will sit in lounger and read in comfort.

Thanks everyone. The 3D drawing was our first design before enlarging the tanning ledge even more and moving the pool back farther from the house for even more deck space. I am a patio junkie we have believe will never have enough space.

I discussed with the PB and the water depth of the tanning ledge will be 12" with approx 18.5" to the top of the coping. I spent more time and research on this tanning ledge than anything else. We love to entertain, have a great group of friends all with children close to the same age as my daughter (18months) and with our last pool (20x40) 90% of the time we hung out on the two swim-outs or the steps.

Jimrahbe: Our contract shows one wireless remote and Screen Logic2. I debated on going with a robot but my last pool we had a Polaris Pressure side cleaner. I loved it as I can spend up to a week and half out of town I just left it in the pool on a separate timer and my wife would just empty the bag. I discussed this with the PB and he recommended the Legend II as it does not require an additional booster pump and our variable speed pump will easily drive this one.

GaryT58: Thanks for the advice, I am not sure of the gallons yet. I will know once the engineered drawings are completed and will look into enlarging. I will have full sun all day long. We are adding two umbrella ports and I plan on building a small removable table out of Starboard PVC that will go into one of the ports.

Pool Layout nearly completed:
kcEF4yZ.jpg

Backyard: Yep I have a lot of yard, But I have my little girl to help to mow.

gFkJoVN.jpg

TIBmfV6.jpg

Love, love, love the picture of the cutie mowing the lawn!

The picture with the little pool will be so cute to post beside a picture with the new pool. The ultimate Before and After!

Hi hotrodbones,

Just my .02 on the pavers. I have a very similar pattern (different manu) and I'm really glad I got them. Very comfortable to walk on when barefoot and looks great over a large area (can be hard to tell in magazines). I have friends with small pavers and there are just too many seams or maybe the brand they have just have rough edges? Either way they really hurt my feet. Every step is a seam. I debated weather to go with the textured as you show or totally smooth. My wife really wanted textured so we did that. No issues with comfort and we like the look. Is your coping and border row going to match the main patio area? We went with a darker stone for contrast. Either way it will look great, just curious. It's going to be a great pool!

Nectarologist: Thanks for the input. The pavers have been a difficult choice for me and the wife. There was a home and patio show here recently and I got the chance to see these in person. We are still deciding I the color of the coping. Can you post a pic of yours? I was also thinking about a darker color for contrast. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Nectarologist: Thanks for the input. The pavers have been a difficult choice for me and the wife. There was a home and patio show here recently and I got the chance to see these in person. We are still deciding I the color of the coping. Can you post a pic of yours? I was also thinking about a darker color for contrast. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi. I will put them up. I cant figure out how to get the img code from Flickr on my phone using their website or the app.

As you'll see I have more grey in mine but still light. Once they get wet they darken considerably. Okay, here they are.
31882737936_d1f5380f3c_k.jpg

31919739825_57aca5fd87_k.jpg

31919724635_a0f8935b84_k.jpg

I put sod where the dirt is.
26559055636_03ab3c07c1_k.jpg

Last edited:

You can also got to the Belgard factory on the Northside to see a large selection of their products in-ground and outside. The Tremron store is great but it's hard tonged an idea of true color when they aren't outside in the sun. Belgard will also let you take a sample home for free:)

You can also got to the Belgard factory on the Northside to see a large selection of their products in-ground and outside. The Tremron store is great but it's hard tonged an idea of true color when they aren't outside in the sun. Belgard will also let you take a sample home for free:)

This is what TFP is all about! Helping others like this! THANKS! :hug:

Hey there! This is Brooksrandy81's wife. How is the build going? Have they broken ground yet?

We had some unique issues with permitting concerning a huge oak behind the house so that has delayed stuff for us but should be cleared next week.

We ended up stopping by the stone place very close to the Regal at the Avenues where you see the water features on the side of Philips hwy just looking at pavers and such as we werent happy with the samples at Horner or Tremron (or the vast differences between the colors even when they are the same color). The new owner there was so helpful and they had tons of Tremron pavers installed inside and outside and he gave us a great vote of confidence with the Sierra color as the samples at Horner and Trenton were so off and just nothing like pictured anywhere else or to each other. So we opted to go with Stonehurst Sierra. And after much debate, we will do sierra coping instead of the charcoal. Did y'all decide on a paver color? Also what about tile? For our pebble finish, we are doing blue pearl by CL Industries and it looks just like the color y'all chose too. Right in the middle, not too dark or light with a nice richness to the color.

We are really hoping they will be out and starting to lay things out and dig in the next week or two. Looks like we may be on a very similar schedule.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.