First time test

mlafleur

Sep 7, 2020
Kinder, LA
I just got my TF-100 kit and wanted to get your opinions about my readings and how to get my water clear...it has some cloudiness

Ph 7.5
Cl 5 Br 10
Calcium Hardness 175ppm
Chlorine 12.5 ppm FC and no chloramines
Alkalinity 100
CYA 60

Any info is appreciated...thanks!

What test did the " Cl 5 Br 10 " come from?

How do you chlorinate your pool?

What model filter do you have?

Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if you have an algae problem or a filtering problem causing the cloudy water.

I woudn't bother with the comparitor block test (color matching, CL and Br tester) as you'll need to focus on actual number results using the FAS-DPD powder test if you're having an acute problem. Ignore the BR side of that block anyway, unless you actually are using Bromide?

Test results look okay, but if you are slightly cloudy something would seem to be going on.

You haven't added calcium lately, right? Calcium can make water cloudy for a short period after adding. Nothing else chemical wise added lately, right??

I'd do what Allen suggests- run an OCLT and see if something is eating chlorine overnight which can explain the cloudiness.

Maddie

Reactions: Mdragger88
What test did the " Cl 5 Br 10 " come from? the test from the package TF 100; I just did all the testing when I got my kit in yesterday

How do you chlorinate your pool? SWG so it is self chlorinated

What model filter do you have? Sand filter??

Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if you have an algae problem or a filtering problem causing the cloudy water.
what I am seeing is that the water is super clear but algae at the bottom; we brush and backwash and vacuum (cloudy then) and then it settles back down to bottom of pool and water is clear again. Not sure how to eliminate the algae when it settles. Can you explain how to do an overnight chlorine test?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.