Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just wanted to let everyone know that if they’re considering the better test kits, to go for it.
I was buying some chemicals today and I thought I would have the pool store test my water. They tested my chlorine at 5 PPM. I said could you test it again. Then it was 7.5 PPM. My test kit (TF pro salt) read 20 PPM. I just replaced my IC40 so I know I have to adjust it.

& a third time would have likely gotten a different result!
I bet if you tested 3 times in a row it would be the same or extremely close to the same (as 40 drops is alot 😁)
Reliable, repeatable results 👍🏻

Reactions: JamesW
Hold my beer... Same water, same testing device, 1 minute between tests.
399070955_6757184641028523_3753240957944828512_n.jpg

Btw, I was surprised yesterday - found one pool store where they do water tests using Taylor C reagents. Need to recheck their results.

Hold my beer... Same water, same testing device, 1 minute between tests.
399070955_6757184641028523_3753240957944828512_n.jpg

Btw, I was surprised yesterday - found one pool store where they do water tests using Taylor C reagents. Need to recheck their results.
If this is even close to accurate you need some liquid chlorine asap
FC/CYA Levels

If this is even close to accurate you need some liquid chlorine asap
FC/CYA Levels
It was on 10/24/2023 (before I read about FC/CYA levels) and after some time I had algae, so yes, you are right, my chlorine should have been much higher with this CYA. 1 week ago I replaced 36% of my water, now CYA is 35-40 and I'm keeping FC on 5-7.

That is VERY telling and just about the same thing I found. My difference was I went to all of the different shops in town. Every place had different results. They ALL said my water was "bad" and wanted to sell me this and that. That was AFTER I told them my water was clear. I had tested the same water right before I left the house and it was spot on with TFP levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.