First test results. Help with raising CYA

Oh mannnn...sooo so so close. It's actually starting to *sparkle* still a bit o the Murk, but now it's more like a haze. I think the couple days of rain might have set me back a bit because I had to turn the filter off for like a whole night because if the storms. I think imma have a clear pool tomorrow morning. And as much as I hate those pine trees they do give quite a bit of shade cover and helps with the chlorine loss. I believe we are now day 15 of SLAM. So glad got the pool is now at least up to snuff enough that we can swim in it, because it is going to be a hot couple days here in Upstate New York. Continue with checking the pool, vacuuming and brushing. All is right with the world!

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_105848711.jpg
    IMG_20200718_105848711.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20200718_105815262.jpg
    IMG_20200718_105815262.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Mdragger88
I have to ask - why the turning off the pump? Do you turn off all your electrical appliances when it storms? I can see not standing out there messing with the pool during such events but this I don’t quite understand. Not trying to be a smart @$$ -
just trying to figure out your reasoning.

Sooooooooo close. I get the wanting to turn the pool off for the bad storms. I do. But they pop up plenty of times while everybody is at work and the chance of being struck by lightning, is, well..... like the odds of being struck by lightning. It does in fact happen. But with the statistical odds that it happens, you should be more worried that a drunk driver flies through the backyard and lands in the pool. That is slightly more likely.

mdragger and I are on the same page.........thunderstorms have no affect on whether or not I run the pump. If I am SLAMming (and you still are) that means run the pump 24/7.

Has your psi increased in the last 3-4 days or since you changed cartridges?

No increase in pressure. I turn off the pump at Mr. noobs request and I'm kinda weird about thunderstorms (no one can shower during them either 😂😂😂). Mr. Noob said the water was spelling and crystal this afternoon after dinner while I was at work. I'll check it in the am to see. He's still a bit of a humbug. Asking why we shouldn't shock the pool weekly and why were the only people on the planet not using algaecide, clarifier and hockey pucks. I tried to explain. It wasn't getting me anywhere. Kind of a drag, but at least I have a fabulous pool! Checking all the levels in the am again and will give you all the low down!

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What are you supposed to do with them? Do you put them in the pool after you shut it down?

No, you use them to play Hockey once the pool is frozen ;)

Apart from that they sometimes come in handy when going on holidays or when you're running low on CYA.

We can’t wait to see crystal clear all the way to the bottom!
This is the hardest part- waiting.... but keep it up it will come!
I hope y’all are enjoying your new pool - not sure how hot it is there but it’s miserable here without one. :paddle:
I do all my brushing & vacuuming from inside the pool!
I like to think of tfp kinda like how the total money makeover & baby steps is- you gotta be ok with being “weird” & not doing what everyone else is because you & your family get the sustainable rewards. No magic - just working your way through but in the end you’ll have a trouble free pool & all the “normal” people won’t 🤩

• Love
Reactions: Newdude and kimkats
So, it's been crazy here. My MIL needs help recouping after an injury so it's be biizzz-zayyyy. But, I think I'm don't with my slam. Water is crystal! Sparkly sparkly! My poolio is completely unphotogenic! I can't ever get a good pic of the deep end! I think imma let the fc start to drift off.

Numbers this AM

FC 12
CC 0
CYA 30
PH 7.8 (but prob a little lower it was in-between)

Attachments

• IMG_20200720_102630409.jpg
    IMG_20200720_102630409.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20200720_102647217.jpg
    IMG_20200720_102647217.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 85
So, it's been crazy here. My MIL needs help recouping after an injury so it's be biizzz-zayyyy. But, I think I'm don't with my slam. Water is crystal! Sparkly sparkly! My poolio is completely unphotogenic! I can't ever get a good pic of the deep end! I think imma let the fc start to drift off.

Numbers this AM

FC 12
CC 0
CYA 30
PH 7.8 (but prob a little lower it was in-between)
That is lookin' hela fine to me!

Reactions: LooLooPoolNoob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.