First test on new swimming pool

Jun 6, 2018
Parkersburg, WV
So I just put up my brand new pool a week ago and added a gallon of bleach this morning (which I knew would make the chlorine really high but nobody will be in it for at least a week so figured that would be okay) and turned on the pump so I could test everything later today. Well I just tested everything for the first time and wanted to share my tests....and get opinions.

My test kit is the Taylor K-2006C

FC - 7
CC - 1.5
PH - 8
TA - 110
CH - 140
CYA - 20

I'm guessing on the CYA because I went all the way to the top and could still see the dot. Heck might not be any lol

Thanks for reading and responding.

Tamitha

As you learned last year, unless you add CYA to your water, you will not have any.

Add 30 ppm CYA to the water.

Tamitha,
you can get CYA anywhere that sells pool supplies. CYA is also called Stabilizer.
Pool store, Wal Mart, Home Depot, Lowes all sell it.

your CCs are high because you waited a week to put chlorine in it. You should always balance your water as soon as its filled. When you wait, thats when algae gets hold of it.

Tamitha,
you can get CYA anywhere that sells pool supplies. CYA is also called Stabilizer.
Pool store, Wal Mart, Home Depot, Lowes all sell it.

your CCs are high because you waited a week to put chlorine in it. You should always balance your water as soon as its filled. When you wait, thats when algae gets hold of it.

Okay that's what I thought it was. And I didn't worry about it because I thought someone had told me since it was a new pool I didn't need to test it right away.

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.