Fill tube?

Cmahon

May 29, 2018
Arlington, tx
I have a PVC pipe that is coming out of the ground near my facet. I ran water thru it and noticed it cam out a hole on the side of the pool. Guessing this was a fill tube at some point. Is this normal and if so should there be more to it than just holding a hose to it?

Where is the hole in your pool? I have one that's actually coming out of my deck and it is plumbed in to the fresh water supply so I can turn it on and it'll spray water into the pool to refill

I have a PVC pipe that is coming out of the ground near my facet. I ran water thru it and noticed it cam out a hole on the side of the pool. Guessing this was a fill tube at some point. Is this normal and if so should there be more to it than just holding a hose to it?

It could have been for a pressure cleaner like a Polaris 280.

A description of your pool and a pic of that area may give us some clues.

Yep that is definitely a manual fill line but is very similar to the one in my 70's era pool. Should be straightforward to add a valve and anti siphon device as mentioned above

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.