Fill tube?

Cmahon

May 29, 2018
Arlington, tx
I have a PVC pipe that is coming out of the ground near my facet. I ran water thru it and noticed it cam out a hole on the side of the pool. Guessing this was a fill tube at some point. Is this normal and if so should there be more to it than just holding a hose to it?

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Where is the hole in your pool? I have one that's actually coming out of my deck and it is plumbed in to the fresh water supply so I can turn it on and it'll spray water into the pool to refill

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
I have a PVC pipe that is coming out of the ground near my facet. I ran water thru it and noticed it cam out a hole on the side of the pool. Guessing this was a fill tube at some point. Is this normal and if so should there be more to it than just holding a hose to it?
It could have been for a pressure cleaner like a Polaris 280.

A description of your pool and a pic of that area may give us some clues.

kadavis

TFP Guide
In The Industry
Apr 5, 2015
tucson, arizona
That is fairly normal for older pool fill lines. It would be connected to waterline coming out of house with shutoff valve to fill pool manually

kadavis

TFP Guide
In The Industry
Apr 5, 2015
tucson, arizona
You need to tap into waterline and add a valve w/anti-siphon. A picture of the faucet area could help. If you have plumbing skills it should be straight forward.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Yep that is definitely a manual fill line but is very similar to the one in my 70's era pool. Should be straightforward to add a valve and anti siphon device as mentioned above

Other Threads of Interest