Extreme learning curve Please HELP!!!!

I had an message from OTPirate she shipped the replacement powder today. Thanks for that OTpirate! Got home tonight, and did the weekly chlorine & PH test. CL was very low so I added 3 gallons of liquid chlorine, & brushed the walls. My new Pentair Warrior SI robot will be here tomorrow, but I plan to keep using the skimmer Vacuum till I can see the bottom. Thanks for all the help and encouragement!!

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
I had an message from OTPirate she shipped the replacement powder today. Thanks for that OTpirate! Got home tonight, and did the weekly chlorine & PH test. CL was very low so I added 3 gallons of liquid chlorine, & brushed the walls. My new Pentair Warrior SI robot will be here tomorrow, but I plan to keep using the skimmer Vacuum till I can see the bottom. Thanks for all the help and encouragement!!
I've done a few very green pools even one that was closed 6 years. Don't put the robot in until the water is clear and you can clearly see the complete floor. The skimmer vacuum is good but make sure you don't get any stones in there because those can get stuck in the pipes between the skimmer and the pump and will present a whole new set of problems. I use This with great success. Make sure you have all the hoses and fittings to make it work .

I've done a few very green pools even one that was closed 6 years. Don't put the robot in until the water is clear and you can clearly see the complete floor. The skimmer vacuum is good but make sure you don't get any stones in there because those can get stuck in the pipes between the skimmer and the pump and will present a whole new set of problems. I use This with great success. Make sure you have all the hoses and fittings to make it work .
Thanks for the advice....I do not think there are any rocks or big solid debris in there. The mesh safety cover has been on the pool since it was closed in the fall of 2018. Hoping to see the bottom soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
full

OK so I received the new powder from OTPirate today. I performed the tests. My results were
FC= 7
CC= .5
TA= 50
I used the pool math App and it said i needed to add another gallon of liquid Chlorine to get the FC to 10 so I did. I did not have enough time to perform the CYA test. I am hoping to perform the all the test that Texas suggested tomorrow when I get home from work. I have attached todays pictures. Its looking better everyday!!!! Thanks to all the help from TFP!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9134.jpg
    IMG_9134.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9135.jpg
    IMG_9135.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9136.jpg
    IMG_9136.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 71
OK so did the CYA test. I think it is safe to say that I dont have any. I attached a pic of the test. As you can see the tube is full of the solution, and you can still see the dot. My wife was good enough to buy me some knee high panty hose :laughblue:so I will add some stabilizer to the mix tomorrow. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to know..... I am still puzzled by the white foam floaters all over the pool. Hoping they will go away when everything else gets to where it needs to be.

Attachments

• IMG_9140.jpg
    IMG_9140.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Wow
Reactions: carnivalday
OK pool is pea soup green again. I had not had the chance to vacuum the pool since Sunday. Got home today tested the FC it was about 7. Added a gallon of liquid chlorine. Brought it up to 12...... waited about 15 mins and it only went down to 11.5 so I wanted to vacuum, and brush the walls before using the pole for hanging the panty hose with CYA in it....... Man!!! the green cloud of algae exploded when i vacuumed through it. I was not vacuuming to waste at first, and the water coming out of the returns was bright green... so I back-washed the filter,and vacuumed to waste after that...but as you can see from the pics she is A Mean Green again!!! Have back washed several times this evening, and added CYA. My new test results are listed below............ would love some feedback.
FC= 11.5
CC= 2
TA= 40
CYA= 28

Attachments

• IMG_9144.jpg
    IMG_9144.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9145.jpg
    IMG_9145.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9149.jpg
    IMG_9149.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 34
I would pull the CYA sock out of the pool, if you are at 28 CYA, and get your FC up to above slam level (12) and keep it there until clear. No sense in raising your CYA during a SLAM, as that will just make your FC requirement higher.

By the way, how did you get a reading of 28 CYA?

I would pull the CYA sock out of the pool, if you are at 28 CYA, and get your FC up to above slam level (12) and keep it there until clear. No sense in raising your CYA during a SLAM, as that will just make your FC requirement higher.

By the way, how did you get a reading of 28 CYA?
Ok pulled the sock out. I did a CYA test. it was between 25 and 30 but closer to 30 so I just figured 28

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.