Extreme learning curve Please HELP!!!!

Cool. When you pulled out the sock did you test your FC level? Make sure it stays at 12 (or slightly higher if you cant test/add for a while). As you can tell, if the FC falls too much the algae can quickly come back and erase all of your hard work.

OK its been 1 week since opening..... Today's test results, and pics are below. Any advice, or suggestions are greatly appreciated. what is the typical SLAM time for opening a swampy green pool?
TC=13.5
CC=1
PH=6.8
TA=50
CYA=50

Attachments

• IMG_9157.jpg
    IMG_9157.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9156.jpg
    IMG_9156.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 45
You are making progress.

If your CYA is 50 then your SLAM FC should be 20.

It takes what it takes. Time depends on how often you can raise the FC back to SLAM level and how bad the algae was.

What AJ said. The more you keep the FC at slam level without it sliding back down for too long the faster it'll eliminate algae. There is no time frame but when it works there will be a noticeable difference if you compare pictures from the same vantage point day after day. Brush twice daily and make sure the filter is being checked very often as it'll clog up fast with all that algae.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Stick with it! CYA of 50 = FC SLAM of 20. Make sure to brush all surfaces and inspect ANY potential hiding spots for algae. The elevated CC level tells us your chlorine is fighting a battle.

full

Funny but true. Please dont go to sleep with the FC below 20. Add some to get it back up to 20 or slightly higher, wake up, test, add chlorine, test during the day/after work, add chlorine, test before you go to bed and repeat until your pool is clear and you pass the 3 tests to end a SLAM.

I would save the reagents and just worry about FC. In a few days when you have a crystal clear pool, then you can start testing CC's to see if they are under 1.

Funny but true. Please dont go to sleep with the FC below 20. Add some to get it back up to 20 or slightly higher, wake up, test, add chlorine, test during the day/after work, add chlorine, test before you go to bed and repeat until your pool is clear and you pass the 3 tests to end a SLAM.
OK added another half gallon of liquid chlorine tonight. will check before work in the morning.

Hey Beer - Hows it going? Is the pool looking any better?
Hey JJ.... Its going alright. Pool looks the same. Had to backwash when I got home from work FC- was at 16.5. Brushed it down, and added 1 gallon and 2 cups of liquid chlorine per pool math. Have enjoyed a couple of ice cold adult beverages since then, so I am going to check on her again in a minute. I probably need to backwash again after the brushing. I will report the details in a few...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.