ecoFINISH aquaBRIGHT longterm review

I knew I'd seen it before
988f8560457092b1c3e949db74a4a61f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's one amazing infinity edge!

Brian, MORE pics please! WOW! I really want to see how the cave was made.

Okay so those "stepping stones" to the spa.......is that the only way to get to it without getting into the water?

Oh Brian, I just thought of something. It might be best to make a new thread just for this build. What do you think? I can do it easy if you want me to.

Kim:kim:

The stepping Stones are the only way into the spa at the client's request. A little odd but that's what they wanted. It was supposed to be a bridge but it was changed someone during Shotcrete.

No need for a new thread since it isn't my pool build. I was just there for the rock work.

HOLY COW!!! How long did that take you?!?!

Awesome!! Next time we visit SeaWorld I'm totally name-dropping that I know the guy that coated the pool surface....maybe I can get a free Icee....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
HOLY COW!!! How long did that take you?!?!

Awesome!! Next time we visit SeaWorld I'm totally name-dropping that I know the guy that coated the pool surface....maybe I can get a free Icee....

The only thing you'll get with my name is a disgusted look and some profanities...

This was a just a small job on one of the pools to get it running for summer. Supposedly they have a major rehab planned in the fall/winter.

The only thing you'll get with my name is a disgusted look and some profanities...

This was a just a small job on one of the pools to get it running for summer. Supposedly they have a major rehab planned in the fall/winter.

Hehehehe... :laughblue:

I hope you get the rehab job or some big part of it!! Nothing like have a major name brand name on your business website to throw around and make you appear to be more competent than you are.....that was supposed to be compliment....I think :scratch: .... either way, NICE WORK :thumleft:

A quick question for Brian....Once the concrete shell is poured for a new pool, is AB applied directly to the rough concrete shell or is there another coat of something to be applied before the epoxy gets rolled on and the AB applied? Thanks in advance. My shell is in place and wondering about next steps. Decided we are gong Blue Lagoon.

I can answer (and I'm better looking than Brian...) - the answer is PLASTER.

The shell is coated with a standard layer of plaster (typical thickness for pools), then two coats of epoxy, and finally AB.

Of course, if Brian says differently, then you should listen to him. I'm legally barred from being allowed to own any devices that shoots flames further than 2" because ... oh never mind, it's too long a story to tap out on my phone.....

I can answer (and I'm better looking than Brian...) - the answer is PLASTER.

The shell is coated with a standard layer of plaster (typical thickness for pools), then two coats of epoxy, and finally AB.

Of course, if Brian says differently, then you should listen to him. I'm legally barred from being allowed to own any devices that shoots flames further than 2" because ... oh never mind, it's too long a story to tap out on my phone.....

Matt is correct. The gunite/shotcrete is just far too rough to try to even out with the AquaBright.
It's surprising to see even the smallest surface imperfections show through the coating.

Now if there was a way to save the expense of plaster...

Believe me... I'm trying!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.