ecoFINISH aquaBRIGHT longterm review

I haven't done all the colors yet.

Blue lagoon and Mediterranean have been the most popular by far. I'd really like to do a midnight blue so I can see how it turns out.

I may just end up buying each color and shooting my spa with each of them to get a true comparison. I've really grown to detest the water color of my pool since the plaster has faded anyway.

So far I've done:

Sandstone
Perle Noir
Blue Lagoon
Mediterranean Blue
French Grey

Blue Mist is coming soon

Ahhh...the 2000lbs basalt fountains. Very nice job :thumleft:

Was that blue mist in the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue lagoon.

Those fountains have been a mess. The builder that put them in was clueless and I had to spend the last 2 days replumbing and rewiring them. I also added an auto filler which was criminal to not have one installed in the first place.

They originally used a Superflo pump that had to scream to get those basalts to flow right which was only part of the problem. The Superflo doesn't play nice with the Automation System and it was doing all kinds of wild things.

The pump was replaced with an AFP-120 and now runs quietly as it should. I also ripped out the tiny cartridge filter that was doing slightly less than nothing.

IMG_20170422_094629472.jpg

The waterfall pumps are awesome and sure do flow a bunch of water but man are they ugly!

IMG_20170422_095141191_TOP.jpg

The boneyard...

We have a bone yard here in Tucson .... filled with retired and mothballed aircraft. Kind of awesome to see, its HUGE!

I want to get an AFP pump for my waterfall as it's plumbed with a single speed 3HP WhisperFlo pump :shock:

We have a bone yard here in Tucson .... filled with retired and mothballed aircraft. Kind of awesome to see, its HUGE!

I want to get an AFP pump for my waterfall as it's plumbed with a single speed 3HP WhisperFlo pump :shock:

That's pretty typical around here. I'm not sure what the bias is for the Whisperflo pumps.

Pentair doesn't list the AFP pumps on their site any more and they are becoming harder to get. Maybe they are trying to push everyone into using VSPs for their water features.

Pentair doesn't list the AFP pumps on their site any more and they are becoming harder to get. Maybe they are trying to push everyone into using VSPs for their water features.

Well that stinks...I suppose they're just trying to make it easier so that a PB doesn't have to actually calculate head loss or anything like that...just slap a VSP on it and dial in what you need. If they want to make a low-cost/low horsepower IntellliFlo for waterfalls with a wet-end designed to move volume and not create pressure, I'd be game fore that...

Looks we are going with Blue Lagoon. We have a smaller pool 84 feet perimter and from 4pm on is in the shade. Denis the pool guy brought over 2x2' samples of all colors and the Med Blue just seemed possibly too dark. We though small pool like small room in house stay away from going too dark.

Gave deposit work will start soon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks we are going with Blue Lagoon. We have a smaller pool 84 feet perimter and from 4pm on is in the shade. Denis the pool guy brought over 2x2' samples of all colors and the Med Blue just seemed possibly too dark. We though small pool like small room in house stay away from going too dark.

Gave deposit work will start soon

It's not so much that dark looks smaller rather dark shrinks when your border it with a contrasting hue. Small rooms benefit from dark colors because it makes the walls recede. Same as ceiling if you make it one shade darker it will appear farther. But if you have a big black square and you put a light border around it - it will shrink it but, if you put a similar dark border around it - it will grow. Regardless, I like your final color choice too - just wanted people to know that they can go dark with small pools depending on waterline choice and coping to avoid making their pool look smaller than it is.

It's not so much that dark looks smaller rather dark shrinks when your border it with a contrasting hue. Small rooms benefit from dark colors because it makes the walls recede. Same as ceiling if you make it one shade darker it will appear farther. But if you have a big black square and you put a light border around it - it will shrink it but, if you put a similar dark border around it - it will grow. Regardless, I like your final color choice too - just wanted people to know that they can go dark with small pools depending on waterline choice and coping to avoid making their pool look smaller than it is.

That's exactly why I wear dark pants and a dark shirt with only slightly less dark suspenders and bow tie , it makes my belly shrink and I appear 40lbs lighter....

Joannie, you are hilarious!! Your comments always make me smile :thumleft:

That's exactly why I wear dark pants and a dark shirt with only slightly less dark suspenders and bow tie , it makes my belly shrink and I appear 40lbs lighter....

Joannie, you are hilarious!! Your comments always make me smile :thumleft:

I was thinking this exact thing! I always wear black outfits during the day and bright white at night events so I always shrink

interesting and funny points. The pool will look much better than the 45 year old plaster. And BDavis that rock pool is awesome!

:goodjob:

My pool is nothing... Check out the current project:

Screenshot_20170414-191324.jpg

Concrete!!!!!

All of his work is incredible.
(But don't tell him I said that we want his head to still fit through doorways and it's already pretty big)

Can't do anything about my anatomy but my neck sure is sore!

I knew I'd seen it before
988f8560457092b1c3e949db74a4a61f.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.