Easytouch Can 2 Circuits Turn on Pump

KamikazJC

Mar 14, 2022
UTAH
I am adding a 2nd Pump to my system and I am going to have that pump control Waterfall and Deck Jets, I am going to have a pentair actuator on the return side of the pump to control Waterfall only or Waterfall and Jets (going to change the actuator pressure sensors).

My question is this, I am going to have function circuits control the waterfall and Jets actuator but I am going to have to hook the pump up to a aux relay to supply it power. Can I have the both function circuits turn on the aux relay the pump is connected with?

Kam,

Are these single speed pumps?

Can I have the both function circuits turn on the aux relay the pump is connected with?

I have no clue what that means... :scratch: What is a "Function Circuit"?

Tell me how you want the system to work and I'll tell you how to do it.

Are you currently using valve ports A or B?

Thanks,

Jim R.

So there are Aux Circuits (usually hooked up to the relays) then there are other circuits you can set up that don't interact with the relay switches (I've heard them called function circuits but don't know the name - these are used for valves).

What I want - I would like to have one button that turns on Waterfall and deck jets (hooked up to the same pump) then I would like another button that would turn off the deck jets and just leave the waterfall on. My main question with this is how do I kick on the pump for both buttons and have those buttons control Port B

Port B is and I am planning on having the waterfall piped directly into the pump and then I would like to have the pentair actuator after the waterfall and I can have it open when I want the deck jets on.

Kam,

OK, I understand better now.

All Aux Circuits have relays, whether you use them or not. Aux Circuits normally run things like single speed pumps, etc. Aux Circuits have buttons on the main panel.

"Feature" Circuits act just like Aux Circuits, but they have no relays. Feature Circuits normally run things like pump speeds, and valve positions. Feature Circuits have no buttons on the main panel.

The EasyTouch does not have a way to combine actions so to do what you want will require two actions.

Assuming your waterfall pump is a single speed pump, then you could use an empty Aux Relay to send AC power to the pump, and have pump plumbed directly to the waterfall. You could also have valve B plumbed so that when you turned it on, water would also go to the bubblers. Valve B would be controlled by a Feature Circuit.

The main problem with the above idea is that you can never run the bubbler unless the waterfall is also in operation. Maybe we can do better..

Tell me more about what equipment you have:

What model of EasyTouch do you have? PL4 (Has no circuit breakers below the control panel), ET-4 (Has circuit breakers and 4 relays), ET-8 (Has circuit breakers and 8 relays).

Do you control everything at the main panel, or do you have a remote? If so, do you have a Pentair remote or do you have ScreenLogic and use your phone or PC?

Are you currently using Valve A or are both A and B not being used?

If you can, please show me some pics of the inside your EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I will try and get some pictures today, I have Easytouch 8 and I have several open Aux circuits. The pump is Pentair SuperFlow single speed. Port B is open, I am using Port A for another Valve that controls a slide. I have Screenlogic set up and control lights etc with iPhone.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Kam,

Since you are already using Valve A then we are kind of stuck with the operation outlined above.

You would wire the pump to an empty Aux relay and plumb the pump directly to the waterfall. Since it is a single speed pump, I'd add a manual Jandy valve so that you can set the waterfall flow just like you want. Anytime you turn on that Aux relay, the waterfall will run.

Tap off of the waterfall line and add a 2-way Jandy valve and an Actuator and plumb to the bubbler.

Select an unused Feature Circuit and name it "Bubbler" (or whatever you want). An example: Feature Circuit #5, Circuit Name Bubbler, then assign Bubbler to valve B.

Here are a couple of pics from my PC to give you an idea of how it all works. Your iPhone will not be the same format, but the basic ideas are the same.

This page shows the relations ship between Circuits, Circuits Names, and Circuit Functions (Just leave functions at Generic) Look at my Waterfall circuits

You can see on this next page where my Waterfall Circuit has been assigned to Valve B.

Not sure if I have answered your questions or not, but feel free to ask more questions if this does not make sense.

To turn on the waterfall you will have to push an Waterfall Aux button or icon. To turn on the bubbler you have to push the Feature Circuit icon

Thanks,

Jim R.

Kam,

Pushing the Feature Circuit icon will only turn the bubbler valve. Feature circuits can't turn on single speed pumps. You don't have to use a Feature circuit to control the bubbler valve, you could use another Aux Circuit. But since the relay is not needed to move the valve, you'd just be wasting it.

You will have to push the Waterfall Aux Circuit button or icon to turn on the pump.

There is no good option. You could use two Aux circuits one labeled waterfall and the other labeled Bubbler and tie them together then turning on either one could start the pump, but not matter what, you going to have to push multiple buttons to turn things on or off.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.