Dumb mistake when closing - any suggestions?

Nov 9, 2011
Albany, NY
Sooooo .... when i was closing i had trouble getting one of the directional eyelets (or whatever the correct term is) out of the return and i ended up taking the faceplate off for some reason and never put it back on. Over the winter the liner moved about a quarter of an inch and now i can't get it back over the return to put everything back together.

My thought was to buy a liner sample and patch / cover the entire area, cut out a hole for the return then put the gasket and plate in place and screw it all back together. I'm not too far from needing a liner but want to get another year or two.

Sound ok?

Any other suggestions? I thought of lowering the water down below the return then trying hot water on it to see if it would move enough to go back into place?

Thanks in advance!

Either method would work. . I would try pouring HOT water RIGHT over that area and seeing if that allows you move it just enough without removing any water. Just be very careful. I don't have high hopes but worth a try.

Let us know what you try and how it goes please. This could be a learning experience for all.

Kim:kim:

Just a follow up - the liner moved back towards the original position a bit and with the hot water i was able to reuse the same holes. Obviously my fingers are crossed that i don't have any issues.

I do have a liner sample and boxer glue on hand just in case.

Thanks for the update.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.