DIY Replacment Vinyl Liner - repairs req'd

Also... its supposed to storm tonight, and tomorrow we're **supposed** to go to the Cardinals game... and we were **supposed** to be finished with this yesterday ...

But alas, here we are...

okay so look at the last pic...............to me it does not look like the left side is as close to the wall as the right side. IF that is the case I would work the liner over to the left a bit at a time. Something else else you can do it get a LONG string/rope to "measure" from side to side and find the middle like that. Can you see what I mean? When I say side to side I mean take the string from the coping down the liner onto the bottom of the pool and up to the other side. That should show you where the middle is and you can adjust from there.

Gotta work the wrinkles out & start the vacuum ...

I can't thank you all enough for all your help & input & encouragement. It really helped us get over the hump of insecurities. :)

Don’t forget to take a piece of plywood and build yourself a little dam over the staircase so that u don’t have air escaping- The more airtight you make the pool liner the faster your liner will adhere to the wall- 4472AD20-6B65-44DA-A8BA-409212B1953C.jpeg

Also... its supposed to storm tonight, and tomorrow we're **supposed** to go to the Cardinals game... and we were **supposed** to be finished with this yesterday ...

But alas, here we are...

Stay patient you are almost done AND if u can get the liner lined up -along with a good vacuum pull - the rain will start to fill ur pool!!

Also my pool had little stickers in the corner and if you line them up in the center of your arc the center of your radius you should be really close to the design pattern

@kimkats .. I think you're right about the left side. I started scootching it closer to the wall & I think it helped. Right now, we're just waiting (im)patiently for the sucker to suck the air out. We're sitting here, squinting at each other trying to determine if we're noticing a difference... we're just so freakin' exhausted. 3 months ago, our jaws dropped when we were quoted $2,000 to just install the liner - we do all the prep work. Now, I'd pay double that in a heartbeat. LOL.

@Nashvillejoe - yep, we sealed up the openings as best we could. It still feels like its taking longer than it should... :-/ How long would you expect it to take to be pretty well sucked against the walls?

Attachments

• 20220531_193216.jpg
    20220531_193216.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220531_193347.jpg
    20220531_193347.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 38
Get another roll of duct tape and tape the b’jesus out of that stairwell….. you are losing air from their ……. Also i used 2 shop vacs the bit ones so if you don’t have a second one grab it from Home Depot….. its sucking just not very hard…..

put the second one on the side by the 8 in your picture….. you are almost ready to start putting water in…… also keep in mind some of the corner wrinkes will straighten out when the water starts pushing the liner into the corners…… so dont worry about the edges too much (if you can straighten it out by pushing your feet against the liner into the edges…. )just make sure you dont have any creases in the middle of the pool- seems like you are almost there!!

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pay close attention to the arrow stickers on the ground (i can see them in the first photo above)……. And remember…….. your other option was to pay $1000’s of dollars and wait four months…… so you are way way Waaaaaay ahead of the game….. and you are almost there !!

also i would bet money if you look on the inside of the radius liner in the corners you will see a 3” long pen mark where the center is….

its help ful and if you have those radiuses close- you can bet you are close…
\

Reactions: Newdude
Interesting about the corners... we have arrow stickers on the pattern side - think there's also pen marks inside - that might be more accurate than the stickers?? I feel like the corner stickers are just kinda... off a little. Like they're there to say "this is a corner".. not so much "here's the dead center of your corner". :-/

Here's where we sit now. We're positive our taping jobs suck, so we've got some plastic sheeting and we're using it on top of the pieced together boards to help seal everything up.

Its do or die today... I'm hoping the wrinkles we have now will pull out with the vacuums.

**fingers crossed**

Attachments

• Picsart_22-06-02_12-12-38-231.jpg
    Picsart_22-06-02_12-12-38-231.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
SWEET MARY & BABY JESUS!!! HALLELUJAH, AMEN, & AMEN!!!
Congratulations ……. Looks like a pool !!!!

You guys did such a great job….. now you have a new side hustle……. Please post pics when its filled up !!

make sure all the pebbles are out so you don’t have to do what i am doing now…… removing water so you can take out a couple of small rocks 😂🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼🤣. Arrrrrrgh soooooo stupid!!!

We have a bubble that forms on the floor in the shallow end. :'( I've walked it over to the wall... it audibly "burps"... but then slowly reappears. I'm hoping the water will keep it from coming back once its up high enough.

Oh no!! Rocks?? So, how do you do that? Lowering the water then pulling the liner down?? I already know of a couple spots that could use it.. but I was told once the liner is up, you can't take it down again. :-/ If its gonna have to happen, I'd rather it happen now while the water is still low. :(

We have a bubble that forms on the floor in the shallow end. :'( I've walked it over to the wall... it audibly "burps"... but then slowly reappears. I'm hoping the water will keep it from coming back once its up high enough.

Oh no!! Rocks?? So, how do you do that? Lowering the water then pulling the liner down?? I already know of a couple spots that could use it.. but I was told once the liner is up, you can't take it down again. :-/ If its gonna have to happen, I'd rather it happen now while the water is still low. :(
So regarding the air bubble- water weighs about 5lbs/gal- ish….. 25,000 gal x 5 ……. 125K pounds…… so work the air bubbles to the side and they will be moved up the wall by the “weight of water”

sweeping and vacuuming the bottom of the pool is really important….. and since it was sooooooo Darn hot when i was finishing - i had one of the teenagers sweeping…… lets just say, his attention to detail is consistent with being a teenager…… so i have several rocks that need to be removed…… i am not at all worried about pulling a corner- after full- i know the liner is in the right place and i know a 100K lbs of pressure will reset the liner perfectly

i am hoping with a suction cup i can lift the liner and scoot the pebble to the corner without actually having to remove the liner…… we will see in the next hour-ish

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.