Bronze Supporter
Mar 26, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had a Intelliflow pump installed last month. I now want to just hardwire the electric line and turn the Intermatic timer off. Is it as simple as connecting red to red and black to black? (with the breaker off of course!)

Attachments

• 20191222_161659.jpg
    20191222_161659.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 13
SD,

It looks to me like you have already done it.. The power is coming in on 1 and 3 and going out on 1 and 3.. The timer is doing nothing..

I would have just left the wires the way they were and removed the dog... this would have allowed you to use the manual switch to turn the power on and off to the pump if ever needed.

Either way will work.

EDIT.. If you did not change the timer wiring, then I assume the guy who installed the pump did... The timer in your pic is wired to apply constant power to the pump.

I am not sure if the black wires or the red wires are the input wires, but you cannot connect the two reds or two blacks together unless you want to blow up the world.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.