Dig-220 SWG to IntelliConnect

jrs335

Mar 31, 2018
BOCA RATON/FL
Getting ready to reconfigure wiring to new IntelliConnect and questioning how to connect my Dig220 SWG. I'll be powering my IntelliFlo (VSF 011056) direct to Siemens QF220P breaker and using Rs-485 to for control. Should I wire the Dig-220 to a dedicated breaker, or to relay 1 or 2 in the IntelliConnect? I understand the Dig-220 on a relay will only power it on/off. I plan on using one of the relays for the IntelliBrite light. Another question is what type and rating breaker is recommended to power the IntelliConnect if I use the 2 relays, one for SWG and the other for the IntelliBrite?

Getting ready to reconfigure wiring to new IntelliConnect and questioning how to connect my Dig220 SWG. I'll be powering my IntelliFlo (VSF 011056) direct to Siemens QF220P breaker and using Rs-485 to for control. Should I wire the Dig-220 to a dedicated breaker, or to relay 1 or 2 in the IntelliConnect? I understand the Dig-220 on a relay will only power it on/off.

Yes, you connect the SWG to relay 1 and program the IntelliConnect so the relay goes on and off with the pump.

Another question is what type and rating breaker is recommended to power the IntelliConnect if I use the 2 relays, one for SWG and the other for the IntelliBrite?

The relays each have independent LINE and LOAD screws so what you have connected to the relays does not draw power from the IntelliConnect.

You can connect the Intelliconnect to a 120V 15 AMP CB using 14 gauge THHN/THWN wire..

Yes, you connect the SWG to relay 1 and program the IntelliConnect so the relay goes on and off with the pump.

The relays each have independent LINE and LOAD screws so what you have connected to the relays does not draw power from the IntelliConnect.

You can connect the Intelliconnect to a 120V 15 AMP CB using 14 gauge THHN/THWN wire..
Thank you, very helpful. So, the Dig-220 should go to a direct breaker? Any suggestions on breaker for for 230 Vac setup?

So just program the SWG schedule(s) the same as the pump schedule(s)? I assume there is no option to automatically set the same schedule as an existing device (pump) for another device (SWG).

From the installation manual under Wiring Flow-Dependent Equipment section. You can set your schedule to mirror the pump if you wish.

Equipment wired to Relay 1 or Relay 2 (Figure 5), and designated as either "Other (Flow Dependent)" or "Booster Pump" in the Pentair Home app, will not energize until the filter pump has run for 2-minutes and allowed the system time to prime.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.