Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hello,
my original thread from the spring discussed some options for wiring my pump and SWG to a single relay so the SWG would only run while there is flow. Easy enough....
However, i've realized that i probably want to run on two schedules (the IntelliConnect only allows for a single schedule per relay).
How could i wire the loads so that they could operate on both relays? just a simple pig tail?
I would just need to ensure that the scheduling does not overlap to turn both relays on at the same time correct?

IntelliConnect Install Guide

Thanks,
-Philip

Why don’t you want the SWG generating when the pump is running?

Best practice is to have the SWG generating whenever the pump is running.

That’s what I plan to do by working both to the same relay
What I would like to do is have 2 schedules for them (together) and would need to use both relays for this, I think

Why 2 schedules ?

What would your 2 schedules be?

Why 2 schedules ?

What would your 2 schedules be?
Ideally one for during the week, and a bit different on the weekends since our swim schedules are bit different and more of load on the weekends

Currently our system runs 24/7 and want to cut that down and then with the heater being set with the automation the hope is it’ll at least always be at temp as well (like it is now sonce pump runs 24/7)

Wire the lines and loads to Relay1.

Wire jumpers from each Relay1 LINE and LOAD screw to the corresponding Relay2 screw.

Either relay on will power the load. Both relays on will be fine.

Ideally one for during the week, and a bit different on the weekends since our swim schedules are bit different and more of load on the weekends

Currently our system runs 24/7 and want to cut that down and then with the heater being set with the automation the hope is it’ll at least always be at temp as well (like it is now sonce pump runs 24/7)
I’m running like 8 schedules a day. I load shift based on electricty costs to the utility to help lower costs and grid usage, thereby helping to lower max loads for the community at large.

I’m running like 8 schedules a day. I load shift based on electricty costs to the utility to help lower costs and grid usage, thereby helping to lower max loads for the community at large.
That'd be ideal, but the intelliconnect only provides for 1 schedule per relay
the more advanced automation systems would provide more, but for our simple setup this works and when needing to replace a pump or SWG (or if i find a deal on one!) i can add into better control if getting a compatible model

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.