Design help

After many years of reading researching and most importantly getting my wife onboard we may start your pool build/renovation. We have an existing rectangle 20x32 vinyl steel wall which one side is almost inside the pool. I got engineering plans to make it a True L. I would like some help with skimmers and returns. Attach is a the layout. Any help will be great.

Attachments

• 9C8827B8-DDFA-443A-8204-5884B7074631.jpeg
    9C8827B8-DDFA-443A-8204-5884B7074631.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 86
Which way is your prevailing wind? Probably from the South. How is the pool oriented?

You want two skimmers, One to be into the prevailing wind. The other likely on the opposite side for when the wind shifts.

I like at least 3 returns. Placement depends where the skimmers will go.

Equipment was thinking pentair quad de 100sqft or 80sqft. Ic60 for SWG and for pump the intelliflo vs high performance 3hp. As heater still waiting on plumbers estimate to do the gas line close to 240ft run. But thinking of pentair 300k or 400k btu natural gas. Open to suggestions

I'm a fan of cartridge filters and oversizing them. You can run a whole season on 1 clean and no valves or problems with them. If using automation match the brands, it's worth the money to automate. Intelliflo is great pump. For heaters, raypak wins hands down, and if using a swg upgrade for a couple dollars to the cupro nickel models. For a big pool 400k is best bet. Many people save money on long gas runs by hiring out or DIY the trenching. That's where you get hit hard

It's easier to do it in one shot even tho the budget gets stretched. Regardless keep in mind the fact you need the same swg and pump brand to mesh well with automation. Hayward bundles are very reasonable for aquaplus combos. How far into LI are you?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Question. My wife got an estimate from a pool company. They use all Jandy equipment. They use fusion 2 soft salt system, and a 460 cartridge filter and 11/2 pump don’t think it’s a VS pump.

Problem with Jandy equipment is they no longer officially sell equipment on the internet and give no warranty for DIY installs. If you will always do repairs with a pool store then not an issue.

Fusion 2 is not recommended. It adds unwanted minerals that can stain your pool. Nature2 Fusion - Further Reading

Get the Jandy AquaRite SWG instead.

You only want a VS pump. See section on pumps in...

Basically that builder is dumping some cheap equipment on you.

Great than you. The company only uses Jandy and they are offering 5 years warranty on equipment. If I was to go with this company what equipment and size should I request. I have a meeting with them on Thursday.

Post a complete list of Jandy equipment with model numbers they are proposing.

Great than you. The company only uses Jandy and they are offering 5 years warranty on equipment. If I was to go with this company what equipment and size should I request. I have a meeting with them on Thursday.

Jandy Aqualink RS automation
Jandy VS FloPro VS pump
Jandy AquaPure SWG sized to be at least 2X your pool volume
Jandy CL460 or CL580 cartridge filter

Then separately buy a Dolphin robot pool cleaner from Marina Pools.

Last edited:
Jandy c460 cartridge filter
11/2 HP Jandy high head pump
Nature 2 fusion inground with SWG
400k handy heater.
original pool is 20x32 will be adding a 10x10 L
2 Jandy pro series LED
3 laminar LED
Swallow side will be 31/2 feet to 6 feet deep.
Again thank you for all the help.

Idk if you realize this but you cant save the existing pool. If it rotted at the braces it's all bad all over. It costs a fortune to tear out a pool and do it again in the same spot. Adds 10 to 15k on top of new install price sometimes more

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.