Design help

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
That's a total loss. You cant save anything. Even if there is no concrete collar it is still a nightmare to put pool in the the same spot. When you say you got engineering what does that mean? A pool kit has its own engineering plans usually 500 at the max. Were you planning on tackling this yourself?

M3power

Jan 3, 2013
Long Island new york
Plans from an engineering company. They came down and did soil compaction test I think. My wife wants a company to do it so we getting another estimate or two. She say I don’t have the men power to finish it this year.

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
That's a huge job. Think of it this way
...it would be less work to have a yard full if grass and dirt and start fresh. I know it's hard to beleive but it honestly is. Replacing a steel wall pool in same spot is almost impossible. Must go bigger too

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Gonna be way more than 15k. Unless that wall wasmt properly assembled and gave in due to defective work the rest of the pool is not salvageable. Just the materials is over that and then some

M3power

Jan 3, 2013
Long Island new york
After meeting with pool builder last night looks like will be going with them. How ever still not sure on their sanitation methods. I feel like I got more questions than answers. They recommending a DEL OZONE 50 APG ozone generator. I would like salt and been trying to research del ozone system and can’t really find much. Does anyone uses this? Pump,filter,heater automation is all settle just the question of which system is more recommended, safer, and less maintenance. Thanks again.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Here are couple of links for you:

PLEASE do not let him push you to get something you do not want. You are the owner of the pool and wallet. Get what you want after doing your research.

Kim:kim:

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Dont bother with any of that stuff it's all gimmicks. Either swg or liquid chlorine. Swg is the easiest. You get it setup and then its autopilot you just check on it

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I LOVE that design! It is the BEST design for everyone! The foot is the Watermelon Ball game (look for it! BEST pool game out there!) and the leg for swimming and cannon balls and jumping!!

So tell us what they are going to do-fill it and redig it? Try to use any of old pool?

What are the depths going to be? What kind of pool? Plaster or vinyl?

Equipment? Make sure you have the model numbers to go with it all so we can make sure it is big enough for you pool.

Kim:kim:

M3power

Jan 3, 2013
Long Island new york
Pool will be steel wall vinyl. Was suppose to be concrete walls but due to the collapsed wall it would have cost another $10-15k extra for piers. Will be salt water with Jandy equipment 31/2 to 6 feet deep. Will look up the pool equipment spec and will update.

M3power

Jan 3, 2013
Long Island new york
Equipment will be Jandy cv460 Cartridge filter
Jandy VSo pro pump
Nature 2 saltwater sanitizer. Will have to remove the mineral cartridge like some done here.
400k Jandy natural gas heater
Aqua link intelligent pool control. With 3 valve actuator. We were thinking of laminars but if budget allows we may get a stone waterfall by the deep end. Waiting on permits thanks to covid 19 it’s taking twice as long. And even if they got permit can’t start till hopefully May 15 due to lock down in New York for non essential workers. Open to any suggestions.