Converting to Salt based pool?

I would suspect that you need a "Spa Low" for regular circulation and heating and a "Spa High" for jet type action.

Spa Low should be about 40 gpm for heating and Spa High should be about 80 GPM or so depending on how much jet action you want.

Do you have Spa Low and Spa High?

What speeds are set for the Spa modes?

What is the filter pressure in each spa mode?

How many jets do you have?

One of the problems that you have is the suction lines for the 2 Intelliflo pumps are only 2" when they should be at least 3" pipe.

If you try to run full speed, the pumps are likely to begin cavitating.

Last edited:
I would suspect that you need a "Spa Low" for regular circulation and heating and a "Spa High" for jet type action.

Spa Low should be about 40 gpm for heating and Spa High should be about 80 GPM or so depending on how much jet action you want.

Do you have Spa Low and Spa High?

What speeds are set for the Spa modes?

What is the filter pressure in each spa mode?

How many jets do you have?

One of the problems that you have is the suction lines for the 2 Intelliflo pumps are only 2" when they should be at least 3" pipe.

If you try to run full speed, the pumps are likely to begin cavitating.
I have spa set at 3450 rpm and spa low set at 2000 rpm. I have 6 jets in spa with eye balls. Both pool and spa operated by same variable speed pump. I do have air blower when used it works good but when air blower is off spa mode does not produce any pressure.

Do you have a pressure gauge on the top of the filter?

We need to know the pressure from the filter pressure gauge and the pressure reported by the pump.

To get the pressure from the pump, put the system in Service mode and then use the pump's keypad to run the pump and get the readings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I press buttons on the pump display it does not change anything looks like co trolled by easy touch. How do I get to display pressure on the pump? Attached is the picture. I also see pressure limit displayed.

Attachments

• 20210525_081634 22.jpg
    20210525_081634 22.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 3
Put the Easytouch in Service mode.

Also, check the pump basket to make sure that it is clean.
Now the PSI shows 25 and I check the rpm on the Easytouch it shows 3450 and normal but the bubbles are not produced from Spa jets in Spa mode. I contacted some other Pool guy and he mentioned it could be that air blower and the water line is reversed, but he was not sure. He told that top line should be air blower and bottom line should be water and he thinks it could be reversed.

Last edited:
Is the water flow strong, but just no bubbles?

What does the filter pressure show?

Is the builder completely gone and there is no chance to get them to check this?
Water pressure in Spa looks very similar to the Pool eye balls. Filter pressure is showing 25(attached pic). Builder is gone completely and no contact.

Attachments

• 20210525_075823.jpg
    20210525_075823.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 1
I would clean the filters and the pump basket.

What does the pressure read on the pump controller at 3,450 rpm?

The suction line is too small and you might be getting cavitation.

Is the pump super noisy at full speed?

I would clean the filters and the pump basket.

What does the pressure read on the pump controller at 3,450 rpm?

The suction line is too small and you might be getting cavitation.

Is the pump super noisy at full speed?
Pump controller at 3450 rpm, it is noisy at full speed. I am not able to check PSI on the easytouch or pump, now sure how to check.
One thing I observed Pool mode Air filter 10 PSI, Spa mode 25 PSI.

Last edited:
Part of the problem is that the suction is too small.

You will never be able to get the full performance from the system.

You can’t fix that without replacing the entire line.

You probably need a good service person to go over everything and evaluate everything for you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.