Construction started 2/3/20

Good luck, I will promise that you will not seen anyone on Monday. It took them 8 days to show back up after ours was filled and the water was starting to turn green...

Who did the plaster Moses' team? Do as they say, it's their baby until they sign over all the warranty paperwork.
I’m kicking myself for not researching this one ahead of time! I’m not sure which team, they had Cox vehicles so I believe in house.

Question for you Mike! What color blends does Napoli have? We are deciding between that one and another but can’t find the blends for Napoli anywhere.
I wish I knew the color blend. You might try to call Belgard, when I was deciding I called and they were very helpful. Tell them you want samples and they will get you a local rep that will send them to you - that was a big help!

Reactions: Hisbestcatch
My PM called and walked me through manually starting our pump which is now running on speed 2 of 4 and I’ll keep running for the next 72 hours minimum.

I added the sequestering agent, bought a nylon brush and started day #1 of bushing.

I had the water tested and told PB if they are not able to complete startup Monday, I would purchase chemicals myself and expect reimbursement.

I am very new to water chemistry so if you see anything that sticks out let me know.

I am lucky to have am honest PM who typically follows up with me within the hour.

He was honest and said another group handles startup and he has little to no control on their schedule which is why it takes several days and sometimes over a week. He agrees that starting up today is the right thing to do to mitigate risk.

If you are not at the plaster stage yet, be sure to coordinate your start up the day following filling up and the PB to include a sequestering agent!

Oh and borrow hoses from all of your neighbors so you can have all spickets going. We filled 27K gallons in 30 hours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.4 KB · Views: 113
Mike? you don't have your own test kit? Man you got to get one!!! Look down at my siggy below for the link to the mac daddy of them all!
My PB has not provided yet, I just checked my contract which stipulates: "Taylor or equal 4 in 1 Test Kit". I see Taylor k-2006c recommened on this site along with the TF-100 with speedstir so I'm assuming I should request one of these kits

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If they are saying "equal 4 in 1" I bet they will not spring for the good test kit but it does not hurt to try!
Start up crew is onsite now, he showed me a container with strips in it so yeah, not getting a good test kit. Question for you ... my project manager had said plan on waiting 2 weeks to swim in the pool. The guy here (same company) doing the start up said we can start swimming in a couple hours even though salt will not be added for 2 weeks. What do others usually do? I have 3 kids under 8 years old who would love to jump in today.

We need to know your pH level before we let the kids get in. If they did an "acid" start up aka dump a bunch of acid in the pool it would NOT be safe for them as it can really cause their eyes to hurt.

Use those "guess strips" and let us see what they say.

Last edited:
If you want to be on the REALLY safe side you could see if your Walmart has a pH test kit. It might come as a pH and FC combo kit.
I have a pool place 2 minutes from me that ran the last test, I might run by in the morning to have them check while I see if PB will give me a better kit.

I can see why you call them guess strips, in the pics i'm holding the strip next to the bottle and here is my best guess:
  1. Hardness between 100 and 250
  2. Chlorine = 1, Browmine = 2
  3. Free Chlorine = 1
  4. Ph = between 7.2 and 7.8
  5. Alkalinity between 40 and 80
  6. Cyanuric Acid between 0 and 30

Attachments

• IMG_5492.JPG
    IMG_5492.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5493.JPG
    IMG_5493.JPG
    355.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5494.JPG
    IMG_5494.JPG
    438.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5495.JPG
    IMG_5495.JPG
    474.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5496.JPG
    IMG_5496.JPG
    352.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5498.JPG
    IMG_5498.JPG
    394.7 KB · Views: 11
Yeah that range is not good enough. The test kits we use are a LOT more precise than that for sure!!

You did make out kind of better than one build.......they were give an expired, opened, sample bottle of guess strips :roll:

Yeah that range is not good enough. The test kits we use are a LOT more precise than that for sure!!

You did make out kind of better than one build.......they were give an expired, opened, sample bottle of guess strips :roll:
LOL! I'll get a better one in the next few days and in the meantime, I'll have the local pool supply test for me. Until then, we will stay out of the pool.

I've never heard of a PB providing a TF-100, so I would plan on buying your own.

Our PB made us wait 1-2 weeks before we could get in last October. Longest week of our lives, but we were able to get 1 good weekend of swimming in before it was too cold.

Reactions: MikeFL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.