Construction finally started in Jacksonville FL!

Haha Kim usually I am extremely assertive but I feel like (at this point) I will fly off the handle and say something I will regret. My husband plans on calling him today after work. After this is the second week in a row our pool deck was supposed to be done. So again.. here it is Wednesday and the footers aren't done so we won't be able to get an inspection tomorrow which means the pool deck cannot be poured Friday which means... again it won't be done this week.

So frustrated for you [emoji36] I am the same. Worried that I might either cry or loose it! We still have outstanding work to be done which I thought was scheduled for this week. Apparently it is next week. We will see.

E546C60B-F1BD-49E0-9F07-8800C79CC97D.jpg022D8348-726A-44C0-A2A5-F37FB19B5B24.jpg6DFFCB43-57F9-470F-93E7-72F17C03A634.jpgBubblers getting fixed today.... skimmer installed.... tile grouted. “Should” be getting pool deck starting tomorrow...not sure how tho seeing as our footer inspection failed because the moisture barrier wasn’t there or something? Grounding passed inspection tho so that’s a win lol stay tuned... 5 months 4 days into project.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ANND they rescheduled decking for Monday. I honestly don't think they had any intention on having decking done today because (and I had left this last tid bit out...) I called in the inspections Tuesday when I saw the contractor hadn't done so... tee hee...I mean how do you plan on pouring the deck without the inspection. They were all scrambling when the inspector showed up... "we didn't call in the inspection?" HA... caught you in another lie yet again. So I sort of already knew they weren't actually coming out for decking today. BUT the bubblers are fixed as well as the footers for the enclosure.. so PROGRESS RIGHT?!

Good work being one step ahead. I think you need to be with pbs... or at least ours! Very pleased to hear both bubblers and footings have been fixed. It’s sad when you get to the point of expecting no work to happen. Slowly but surely but neither of us should hold our breath for completion. Our pool itself is thankfully finished but I don’t think my boys see the lack of slide as a minor outstanding job!

Yes. One of the sub contractors has been working really hard for us. He is actually starting his own business building pools as he just got his contractors license. He is a good dude, I will def support him in the future. I wish I could just pay him directly to finish the job but I am sure our current PB would sue us for breach of contract or something... but almost done... trying to hang in there!

Yes. One of the sub contractors has been working really hard for us. He is actually starting his own business building pools as he just got his contractors license. He is a good dude, I will def support him in the future. I wish I could just pay him directly to finish the job but I am sure our current PB would sue us for breach of contract or something... but almost done... trying to hang in there!

It’s nice to have someone on your side doing a good job. I hope his business does well and I’m sure it will. You are very close to being finished. It will happen!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.