Construction finally started in Jacksonville FL!

So I am really disappointed with our equipment. But my husband and I knew nothing about this process when we started and signed a contract. In the contract it just variable speed pump, 75,000 btu heater, 100 sf cartridge ect. OK SOUNDS GOOD?? lol anyway. We have Carvin equipment? I have never heard of them but at this point I don't have a leg to stand on as far as getting it switched out for like a hayward or something better. Lets just hope it is decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, nothing wrong with that I see swimming possibly for July 4th:cheers:

I hope so! But I am not getting my hopes up just yet. I am just happy that our enclosure guys are so awesome. All Pro Enclosures is who we used and they were at the house by 7 am both days, super friendly and cleaned up very well when they were done. I would def. recommend them for people in our area.

So I am really disappointed with our equipment. But my husband and I knew nothing about this process when we started and signed a contract. In the contract it just variable speed pump, 75,000 btu heater, 100 sf cartridge ect. OK SOUNDS GOOD?? lol anyway. We have Carvin equipment? I have never heard of them but at this point I don't have a leg to stand on as far as getting it switched out for like a hayward or something better. Lets just hope it is decent.

That’s a shame. I would just use it until it dies then replace with better. You didn’t know what you didn’t know so no point blaming yourself. I had absolutely no idea either. Looking back the other pbs we had quote all had rubbish equipment. It was just pot luck that the pb we went with provided top notch oversized equipment. It’s bizarre as I have had heaps of friends and tradies all tell me that I have the best of the best equipment. If only they knew it was nothing to do with me lol.

The way I see it is it works or it doesn’t as long as it’s not undersized. Even then there would be a work around such as running it for longer.

Paige,

I've been following this thread for awhile but want to chime in on the equipment. It appears Carvin isn't a complete slouch as they manufacture for Jacuzzi. Also, my parents bought an above ground pool long before I found this site and they have a millennium pump and a sand filter that I have no idea who made. That 2 speed millennium pump runs on high 24/7 365 and is going strong 7+ years later as is the filter. The brand of the equipment doesn't necessarily mean it's great or bad as even reputable manufacturers occasionally produce bad units. Just saying I wouldn't let this bum me out too much.

Paige,

I've been following this thread for awhile but want to chime in on the equipment. It appears Carvin isn't a complete slouch as they manufacture for Jacuzzi. Also, my parents bought an above ground pool long before I found this site and they have a millennium pump and a sand filter that I have no idea who made. That 2 speed millennium pump runs on high 24/7 365 and is going strong 7+ years later as is the filter. The brand of the equipment doesn't necessarily mean it's great or bad as even reputable manufacturers occasionally produce bad units. Just saying I wouldn't let this bum me out too much.

Thanks for the up beat! I am not bummed per se I just couldn't really find any reviews on the web about the equipment. As long as it does it's job I am good with it! We are just so new to this pool business I don't know if we would know if it wasn't lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So. According to our PB we are still "allegedly" lol.. scheduled for plaster for monday. ( Although he is doing his hardest to get them out their this weekend.. ya ok.) ... do I sound cynical? I think this pool build has made me a little cynical. :p ANYWAY.. the QUESTION I actually have is... our equipment isn't hooked up nor is our pool or led lights for the bubblers. PB says it's no biggie they don't have to be done for them to plaster... but shouldn't it be done by the time the water has filled the pool... asking for a friend.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.